Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Star Party 2023

Freff

Due to clashes with other star parties and school half term breaks, I am considering the SWAG SP in April 2023 on the weekend of Fri 21st- Sun 23rd. 

This will be with the New Moon on Thurs 20th along with a Solar Eclipse. The Lynids Meteor Shower on the same weekend with Venus visible.

Any thoughts on these date would be welcome.

Tony

• Like 3

On 31/12/2022 at 18:56, Freff said:

Due to clashes with other star parties and school half term breaks, I am considering the SWAG SP in April 2023 on the weekend of Fri 21st- Sun 23rd. 

This will be with the New Moon on Thurs 20th along with a Solar Eclipse. The Lynids Meteor Shower on the same weekend with Venus visible.

Tony

Sounds good to me Tony.  🙂 👍  As you know, I have been out of the loop for awhile now, but look forward to getting out under the stars and catching up with the group once again.

Tony

Tony

Hi Tony,

Those dates are the same as AstroCamp which I will be attending.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

It looks more favourable for the weekend of the 17th, 18th and 19th of March, with the New Moon on the 20th.  

This will allow for the local and regular members to attend other events as well as Pencelli if they wish.  

I will be confirming these dates with the site owners next week. 

Book soon for your favourite pitch before the mad rush. 🔭 🔭🔭😀

Hi Tony, those dates look OK for us, however we still don't have a motorhome or caravan. We will have to see what we can find between now & then.

Looking forward to meeting up.

Mick & Jill

20 hours ago, Freff said:

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

It looks more favourable for the weekend of the 17th, 18th and 19th of March, with the New Moon on the 20th.  

This will allow for the local and regular members to attend other events as well as Pencelli if they wish.  

I will be confirming these dates with the site owners next week. 

Book soon for your favourite pitch before the mad rush. 🔭 🔭🔭😀

Should be OK for that weekend Tony.

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Star Party 2023 has now been booked.

The event will be at Pencelli Castle Caravan and Camping Park the weekend of March 17th - 18th.

To attend, contact the park directly and book your nights, your proffered pitch if you have one and EHU if needed.

Please remember to tell them you are with the astronomy group. 

Hope to see you there.  :hello2:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Justyn

Book on line if you are still having trouble, and request pitch 13 in the notes section.

Then follow up with a phone call when you get time. I think they may be under staffed until the wardens take over.

Good man Justyn, we look forward to meeting up again. 

This year I will be in the Orchard with the other toffs, 🙄I need connected access to the water supply.

Don't worry thou' the kettle will still always be on for you. 👍

Edited by Freff
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all - sorry to gatecrash! I’ve seen Justyn comment on this event on FB - I’ve only ever been to Astrocamp before and know Justyn from there - could I have some more info about it? Are there visual observers as well as imagers, and could you let me know about any additional costs over and above the camp fees?

Many thanks

Kevin