Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Astronomy Group (SWAG) Star Party 2023

Freff

Lovely time looking around at globulars, galaxies and clusters.

M67 looking pretty special and I renewed my acquaintance with the sombrero galaxy.

Lovely sky right down to the horizon.

Here is a 4 second exposure with my phone. Leo is to the bottom right.

20230318_213454.thumb.jpg.e3e0f5eb14d1e549c1c9a79044cb3644.jpg

• Like 2

Well done Mark, glad the skies cleared for you.

Sorry I didn't make it out last night, I have a nasty chest infection and last night it came on with a vengeance.

I was up most of the night so I made an early start to get going. So apologies for not getting out last night and not say cheerio this morning.

Many thanks to all who attended, it great to put faces to names and meeting up again with the regular stalwarts.

Shame about weather, but at least all made it to the pub.

Hope to have another SP in the Autumn.

Safe journey home.

• Like 1

Had a great time (well, I'm still here and having a great time!) - good food and beer at the pub and some very convivial company. Mark @mdstuart was a real star: finding DSOs amongst the clouds and doing some serious work on my dob's collimation. Thanks once again, Mark. I'll test it out tonight and let you know how it goes.

Hope to see.lots.of you at Cymdu.

Thanks for organising Tony, hope you feel better soon! Loved coming back to Pencelli. Thanks all for the company, conversation, advice and minor repairs! See you all again soon.

Lucy.

Thank you to everyone for a great Swag, it was a pleasure meeting you all. Kudos to Mark for showing me some excellent DSOs using my non-aligned EQ mounted telescope without a finders scope. Hope you get well soon Tony.

Martin

15 hours ago, cajen2 said:

Had a great time (well, I'm still here and having a great time!) - good food and beer at the pub and some very convivial company. Mark @mdstuart was a real star: finding DSOs amongst the clouds and doing some serious work on my dob's collimation. Thanks once again, Mark. I'll test it out tonight and let you know how it goes.

Hope to see.lots.of you at Cymdu.

Well, that didn't go as planned! After a nice warm afternoon sitting in the sun, the sky clouded over and there was rain at nightfall. I got up several times during the night but solid cloud.

Thanks, Tony, for organising it and get well soon!

I'm glad everyone was able to  enjoy themselves despite the weather.

I'm off to the Dr's hopefully this afternoon if I can get an appointment for some antibiotic.

I got a better chance booking five clear nights in Brecon than getting an appointment when needed.

Thanks for the kind words, hope to see you all in the Autumn.

Take care.

• Like 1