Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Royal Mail Strikes

FLO

• 3 months later...

The Royal Mail industrial action is having a significant affect on delivery times.

If you need an item delivered quickly please choose delivery via courier, though couriers are now also extra busy due to Christmas shopping and knock-on affect from RM industrial action so their deliveries might be delayed too. 

We want to help but unfortunately this situation is entirely outside our control. If you choose delivery via regular mail then, after the package is dispatched, there is literally nothing we can do to speed its progress 😟

Thank-you for your understanding, 

Steve 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Seme said:

I'm still wondering why we still use Royal Mail for parcels.

....says the person who has never had a problem with Evri! 

It's unfortunate that the Royal Mail workers are on strike, but when normal service is resumed I've always found them to be much better than most of the courier firms.

• Like 3

I placed a significant order with FLO yesterday and I didn't even notice whether Royal Mail was an option. Which is good! Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole right now. Indeed I wouldn't have placed my order if RM had been the only option.

It can only boost the other providers trade going forward.

I just hope my new scope doesn't go the same way that a new pair of expensive running shoes did earlier this year. Tracked them to the local depot then never heard of again! The second pair arrived on time. The driver seemed to get from his van to our front door very quickly... :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Evri parcel late I'm not really having a go at anyone but Royal Mail used to stand for something now they just deliver Junk mail (Pizza anyone)

Sometimes it's not the Parcel Company's Fault some address are a nightmare to find (no house signs or number etc)

Anyway Half of RM staff round here say they would rather work because the days there on strike they don't get payed.

Everyone in the world work like better wages if your not happy try another job.

At least the NHS have called of for a while

After all that FLO has always been great at sending goods never a problem.

I am having problems with both Royal Mail and Evri. I made six sales in the SGL classifieds. I sent five of them by first class signed for(£5.50) and one by next day before 1pm(£11.50). The next day by 1pm took 5-6 days to be delivered. Four of the others took from 5-8 days to be delivered. The problem package has still not been delivered! I have contacted the postal service and been told that all time estimates are canceled due to the strikes. I need to wait several more working days before I can claim it as lost. I really want it to be delivered as it contains two cracking Vixen silvertop plossl’s. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it arrives. If not then I’ll claim it as lost and sort out refunding @Carbon Brush

My other hassle was an item i bought on eBay which was due to be delivered by Evri. I got an email saying it was delayed! That was 5 days ago, and nothing since.

Evri are not in my good books. I bought something which was sent by Evri - it eventually came 18 days after it should have arrived. By this time I had bought another (scanner) elsewhere so I sold the one Evri brought on E Bay and they lost it. How can you lose a package as big as a flat bed scanner? Something else we bought came via Evri and it was 6 days late. They are hopeless. I have never had any issues with RM until the strikes.

So FLO despatched my order!

My first look at DPD tracking tells me there is a 1 day delay in my area! Must be all the extra work they have on due to RM strikes. 

Not complaining, I've been dithering over buying a new scope all year :)

You are not alone. For most of today, we have been advising customers caught up in the delays.

Deliveries via courier are delayed too (couriers are overwhelmed because many online shoppers now choose them as an alternative to Royal Mail). 

Delays at this time of year are not unusual but, this month, this year, is exceptional. Almost all deliveries are delayed! 

The situation is made worse, at least for us, because Royal Mail is not updating its system when packages are collected from our warehouse.

So, if you have chosen a Royal Mail tracked service and, when you track it, you see the info screen below, it is NOT true.  

Your delivery has already left our warehouse. It is en route but RM has not updated its system. 

164472163_Screenshot2022-12-09at3_20_42pm.png.9311939ecb69481e7d82ae0b96260f41.png

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 3

My son is a HGV Class I Driver and his company have a contract to be on standby to ship full artics of RM mail and parcels around the UK in the month running up to Christmas..he's been doing this now for a fortnight and says each day gets worse and worse, with hours of sitting around in his truck waiting to be loaded.

He reckons the RM depots couldn't organise a proverbial in a brewery and each day gets worse..he's getting paid, so is his company, but to sit around for hours on end knowing he could be doing something worthwhile to get things delivered at this time of the year, is frankly, soul destroying!

And many of the other couriers are also struggling as well. I've just ordered an item for my car online (not urgent, thankfully), and my heart sank when they sent me an email from Evri, saying my parcel will be delivered on the 21st December...I fully expect it to be the 21st all right..of January 2023!!🥴🤦

Auntie Flo have my sincere sympathy..they run an exemplary business and yet the crucial delivery element of their service, ie delivery of product, especially at this time of the year is outside of their control. Such are the times we are living in...

Dave

9 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

My son is a HGV Class I Driver and his company have a contract to be on standby to ship full artics of RM mail and parcels around the UK in the month running up to Christmas..he's been doing this now for a fortnight and says each day gets worse and worse, with hours of sitting around in his truck waiting to be loaded.

He reckons the RM depots couldn't organise a proverbial in a brewery and each day gets worse..he's getting paid, so is his company, but to sit around for hours on end knowing he could be doing something worthwhile to get things delivered at this time of the year, is frankly, soul destroying!

And many of the other couriers are also struggling as well. I've just ordered an item for my car online (not urgent, thankfully), and my heart sank when they sent me an email from Evri, saying my parcel will be delivered on the 21st December...I fully expect it to be the 21st all right..of January 2023!!🥴🤦

Auntie Flo have my sincere sympathy..they run an exemplary business and yet the crucial delivery element of their service, ie delivery of product, especially at this time of the year is outside of their control. Such are the times we are living in...

Dave

I bet he has one of these to get in and out of the cab safely, Dave 

865B96BF-2444-4563-B44A-02EB7D8A5E8B.jpeg.13f6f6ea498b441165600c15643c4d73.jpeg

• Haha 2

Evening all. Interesting thread. 
I am a RM postman, part-time. All I’ll say is I have reason to strike. Believe me !! 
The recent updates to the thread from @FLO and Dave - @F15Rules say far more than I would wish to add. 
Please draw your own conclusions.  The saying “ lions led by donkeys” from WW1  rings a rather large bell in my ears ATM. 

Thank you.  John 

Hope this does not break any forum rules. Apologies and please delete if so. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I bet he has one of these to get in and out of the cab safely, Dave 

865B96BF-2444-4563-B44A-02EB7D8A5E8B.jpeg.13f6f6ea498b441165600c15643c4d73.jpeg

..I'm sure he does, Jeremy, but his main means of accessing the cab are these...😋:rolleyes2:

image.png.346106f1293abd8d90b7d37a26a5c704.png

...and he also has one of these for dealing with those annoying people that one can come across..😈😎😂

image.png.4221fc327c0559ed5c39831f3084d1dd.png

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telescope40 said:

Evening all. Interesting thread. 
I am a RM postman, part-time. All I’ll say is I have reason to strike. Believe me !! 
The recent updates to the thread from @FLO and Dave - @F15Rules say far more than I would wish to add. 
Please draw your own conclusions.  The saying “ lions led by donkeys” from WW1  rings a rather large bell in my ears ATM. 

Thank you.  John 

Hope this does not break any forum rules. Apologies and please delete if so. 

Totally agree, John.

We have a great postie in our village who is on first name terms with most of us..he's done over 35 years in a job he loves. He can retire in the New Year..all I will say is, he can't wait, and he'll be sorely missed.

Dave

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Telescope40 said:

FWIW I do understand and support your right to strike. Nurses, teachers and rail workers too. You deserve better. We deserve better. 

I wish I could say more, but I might already have overstepped SGL's no-politics rule. 

Steve 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FLO said:

FWIW I do understand and support your right to strike. Nurses, teachers and rail workers too. You deserve better. We deserve better. 

I wish I could say more, but I might already have overstepped SGL's no-politics rule. 

Steve 

Steve. Appreciate your comment and support. 
No more words required. 

Regards.  John 

• Like 1