SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi all

AstroFisching

Hi all,

I’m new to the Lounge! I heard great things so I figured I finally joined.

I’ve started with astrophotography in January 2022 and absolutely love this hobby! These are some of my images that I’ve managed to take from my back garden here in the east of England! 

Pleiades - 2.5h integration with Canon 800D paired with WO ZS61 APO II, CLS CCD Filter on Skywatcher EQM35PRO 

Orion same Setup as Pleiades though with 5.5h integration 

Heart Nebula and Rosette ZWO294MC Pro, ZS61 APO II, Optolong L-eXtreme, EQM35PRO both 1.5h integration time. 
All images processed in PixInsight 

Clemens

AE3F30DF-8EB2-4897-B371-C3641AF23AEA.jpeg

A1E8989A-F6CA-4923-8A03-69D285BA48DE.jpeg

C95968D2-F9A5-4A47-BBEE-780F47CC38D5.jpeg

6593E16A-E931-4876-95E8-5A73F77FF627.jpeg

Edited by AstroFisching
  • Like 2

Very nice, especially the Orion nebula. True and consistent colors, the thing I love most with DSLR's. Impressive result with such a small scope. As for the Pleiades, I like it best in portrait, with Atlas and Pleione in the lower left corner...... As if they are watching over their daughters!

• Like 1

A small follow-up: On the Pleiades and Orion it is obvious that you are very aware of clipping, which is very important. But I mean that a small portion of dark skies should be present. With dark, I mean black, or at least dark-grey. This caused me a lot of headache until I found a workaround: I use Gimp, far more superior than Photoshop ( in my humble opinion). Choose Color --> Color balance. A window pops up, and by default the Midtones will be selected. Select Shadows, and drag the three color sliders a bit to the left, lets say -8 as a starting point. UNTICK the Preserve luminocity and keep the default Replace mode. This will desaturate the shadows, and make them a little darker. Play around with this, if you use other software, check if this function is available.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, fozzybear said:

Welcome maybe add what equipment you used to take these images great by the way...  Great job...

Thanks! Oops 😬 have added details on the initial post! 

6 hours ago, Rallemikken said:

A small follow-up: On the Pleiades and Orion it is obvious that you are very aware of clipping, which is very important. But I mean that a small portion of dark skies should be present. With dark, I mean black, or at least dark-grey. This caused me a lot of headache until I found a workaround: I use Gimp, far more superior than Photoshop ( in my humble opinion). Choose Color --> Color balance. A window pops up, and by default the Midtones will be selected. Select Shadows, and drag the three color sliders a bit to the left, lets say -8 as a starting point. UNTICK the Preserve luminocity and keep the default Replace mode. This will desaturate the shadows, and make them a little darker. Play around with this, if you use other software, check if this function is available.

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely need to spend more time processing the images and trying new ideas, so appreciate the thoughtful reply!