Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cassegrain 8" closeups

neil phillips

Lovely. I was viewing these with my 8"cc the other night and I was trying to see how many craterlets i could see in Clavius. You've picked up more detail than visual alone. Conditions weren't the best though so bet you'll do even better on a good night.

28 minutes ago, ShrewView said:

Lovely. I was viewing these with my 8"cc the other night and I was trying to see how many craterlets i could see in Clavius. You've picked up more detail than visual alone. Conditions weren't the best though so bet you'll do even better on a good night.

Hi Thanks for the feedback. Yes it was rippling a lot. Far from steady. I think capturing many thousands of frames. Helps weed out more detail. But of course under good seeing. Much better will also come agreed. 

50 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Cheers Martyn much appreciated. Have you not been tempted to try some lunar ?

Funny you should say that Neil as I was out friday evening trying to collimate my C11. I did take a couple of runs on Clavious but i was way over powered. I will post the result later when finished processing.

2 hours ago, morimarty said:

Funny you should say that Neil as I was out friday evening trying to collimate my C11. I did take a couple of runs on Clavious but i was way over powered. I will post the result later when finished processing.

Thats Cool. Being the C11 should still be good.

21 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Wow!  Tremendous work Neil!  You are pulling more detail in bad seeing than I do in good I think.  Really nice and clean.  Seriously....  I would be happy to get as much out of my 8 on a good night.

Your opinion holds weight with me Mike. I do think the optics are quite good. They seem to cut through well. Even when seeing is quite poor

short section of the seeing

20_17_35_F00001-00200_pipp_F001-049.ser

Edited by neil phillips

Hi absolutely fab photos ,we are very lucky to have the Moon so close to us it never ceases to amaze me every time I view it I see something different  i always wait its return so I can view it at all its phases.

thanks for sharing

32 minutes ago, Kimboman said:

Hi absolutely fab photos ,we are very lucky to have the Moon so close to us it never ceases to amaze me every time I view it I see something different  i always wait its return so I can view it at all its phases.

thanks for sharing

I agree we are lucky. And glad you found it interesting

Those look absolutely fantastic to me regardless of the seeing. I particularly like and find very interesting the second one. I have been trying to observe Hadley Rille and have only been able to see part of it. You have captured it in great detail. Thanks for posting!

Malcolm

5 hours ago, MalcolmM said:

Those look absolutely fantastic to me regardless of the seeing. I particularly like and find very interesting the second one. I have been trying to observe Hadley Rille and have only been able to see part of it. You have captured it in great detail. Thanks for posting!

Malcolm

Started out as a observer the moon planets, even galaxies i hunted for in polluted skies by star hoping with a book. Most memorable perhaps M81 and 82. could clearly see the shape. Although faint and fuzzy. Still like to look today. But the thing i love about imaging. Is the special moments are frozen in time. They do not dwindle like our old memories. We can re discover them years later, like yesterday. They never dwindle or die

Glad you liked it Malcolm