Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion at the Beach

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

Damn, that's good! Transition from beach to sky is divine. 

Olly

Thanks very much Olly. This spot is pretty dark, but there were 3 teenagers who had started a campfire, and it gave off enough light to just light up the smoke, and some low lying fog.

So that helped give it the atmospheric feel. The foreground longer exp shot was just right to give a good blend with no processing needed on the foreground. I was very happy to get it right in camera.

1 hour ago, FenlandPaul said:

Tom that’s awesome.  Completely agree with Olly about the sky / horizon transition.  So atmospheric. 👌

Thanks Paul,

Yes this one just worked out well. Just enough fog, smoke from the campfire and stars to the horizon

Tom

4 hours ago, Tom OD said:

I went to the Oregon Coast on Saturday night to try and get Orion and some coastline.

The tide was out, the moon left me about 45mins of shooting, and it was clear.

Here is a 40min stacked 20x2min sots blended with a 3min foreground shot.

ISO1600, F/2.8 24mm Samyang on a Star Adventurer tracker.

Tom

Orion Hug Point Web jpeg copy.jpg

I absolutely love this image!  Congratulations….

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 23:40, Mr Spock said:

Very nicely done. A lovely image.

On 25/01/2022 at 05:42, skyhog said:

I added a like to that but think it deserves a comment. It's a superb image that, and as mentioned, it really would be beautiful hanging on a wall somewhere. A great talking point. 

Thanks everyone for posting comments. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. This pic was one of those where you don’t think it will work, but then you see the lcd screen on the first sub, and think, yes this will work. I still get that excitement each time I shoot even if it’s not a keeper. 
Tom. 

• Like 1