Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello From N. Michigan :)

HoneyBadger-231

I just wanted to say hello to all here, I as of about 5 minutes ago managed to find a new Sky-Watcher Heritage 150p for sale here in the USA for $280.00 . Apparently this is a hard to find in the US scope as the only other places i could find it in stock was in Europe, All the other places had back orders ranging from weeks to months for restocks .... So after YouTube channel Astro La Vista's ( a member here too)  review/mods videos and the google searches that pointed me here and to reddit, AND finding what appears to be the best cost to quality/value for my $$$ , I bit the bullet and forked over the cash, And happily joined this forum :) .

My name is Joshua , and do not have any experience with astronomy but after buying a new set of binoculars and pointing them skyward a few weeks ago I've been hooked . So once again I want to say hello and thank you for all the knowledge this forum has to offer :) 

Hi and a warm welcome  to  SGL!   I ordered the same scope  in  April through OPT telescopes and still on back order (called recently and they still can't  give me an eta) Do you have yours already? If so love to know who you ordered it from.  By the way, were in Michigan? We've had  several memorable family trips to the  UP and Saugatuck area. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Orange Smartie said:

Thank You :)

7 hours ago, tripleped said:

Hi and a warm welcome  to  SGL!   I ordered the same scope  in  April through OPT telescopes and still on back order (called recently and they still can't  give me an eta) Do you have yours already? If so love to know who you ordered it from.  By the way, were in Michigan? We've had  several memorable family trips to the  UP and Saugatuck area. 

I'm just south of the mackinaw bridge , Here is the only place I know of to find them in the usa, In stock and ready to ship..... Mine should be here monday :) https://www.adorama.com/skws11710.html

• Like 1

Wow     Adorama  must have  some pull with the  supplier.  Still no word from  OPT  telescopes on when mine will ship. Enjoy it-  the scope has gotten great  reviews  by several on SGL.  Let us know how it performs  for  you. 

16 hours ago, HoneyBadger-231 said:

I'm just south of the mackinaw bridge

Ahh, that makes you a Troll (under the bridge dweller), at least according to Yoopers (upper peninsula, above the bridge, dwellers).  I'm married to a "Troll" from the Detroit area myself.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tripleped said:

Wow     Adorama  must have  some pull with the  supplier.  Still no word from  OPT  telescopes on when mine will ship. Enjoy it-  the scope has gotten great  reviews  by several on SGL.  Let us know how it performs  for  you. 

Mine will be here tomorrow morning,  from NJ to MI , they're still in stock, maybe you should cancel the order if possible and order from them 😉

10 hours ago, Louis D said:

Ahh, that makes you a Troll (under the bridge dweller), at least according to Yoopers (upper peninsula, above the bridge, dwellers).  I'm married to a "Troll" from the Detroit area myself.

Yeah I know lol.