Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your handles!

Barry-W-Fenner

Hi all,

As per the title, And I dont mean the handles we all seem to get around middle age 🙂

I am looking to fit two handles to the side of my 300p base. It comes with one at the front but I dont find this sufficient. I would like someting similar to the stock front handle, along with being suitable for the weight of a 300p base.

Pics and where purchased from most welcome 🙂

Thank you

Luckily my Bresser has two large holes Barry either side of the base, which serve as hand placements to carry. Recently though I’m suffering with a persistent long-term stomach injury which means I can’t lift anything heavier than a kettle and so I’m in the process of buying a sack truck and adapting that. Just another option to wheel the dob out in one piece that you may consider. Good luck with whatever you choose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Thats a very good idea John, let down by 1 important factor. I'm useless at building things 😂

To be fair, I could not have built a base for my dob to the sort of quality that my SGL friend Shane did for me.

His design and execution was excellent and has lasted really well :icon_salut:

• Like 1

THE place for handles. 👍🏻

Despite being a big industrial supplier they give great service even if you just buy one or two handles.

https://www.wdscomponents.com/en-gb/machine-hardware/handles/bridge-bow-pull-handles/c-404

One warning though. They have loads of other little parts ideal for astro use so you can end up adding a few “extras” to your order. 😁

Edited by johninderby
  • Thanks 1

On 20/08/2021 at 15:38, johninderby said:

From WDS I presume. 🤔

They were from fleebay, I ordered before I See your Link John. I am however looking to fit a couple of handles as heigh as possible to the bottom section of the tube so I can carry it out. Rather than bend to pick up the tube. The weight isn't an issue, it's just I have an iffy lower back so the bending is uncomfortable.

Any suggestions as to the best location for these handles?

I will look at the wide verity on wds.