Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lynds Dark Nebula LDN1251

peter shah

3 hours ago, John Nodding said:

Shahmazing! 👍🏻 Noddy

That made me chuckle ....😂

48 minutes ago, AstroAndy said:

I guess one could say the satellite trails "Petered out" in this final amazing image.

OMG Andy that's so tenuous...  🤣

4 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

WoW. that looks so good!

Thank you Simon....Im so impressed with these latest gen cameras....this sensor is just amazing

14 hours ago, bob-c said:

Great image Peter.

Bob.

Cheers Bob

9 hours ago, newbie alert said:

Brilliantly captured Peter...fantastic 

Thank you

1 hour ago, R1k said:

Incredible! What Bortle skies do you have over there?

Thank you..... in Spain I have bortle 2-3 and 3-4 in the UK....I have started to capture this from the UK too, but never got around to finishing it. I am planning on finishing it here with my 12in Newt.

Fantastic Peter!  I've had a quick go at this one myself in luminance (KAF8300), and am greatly interested in your image as it was also with an Epsilon 180ed!  I hope you continue to post more from the 180ed to give me a bench mark to work to

Lynds-Dark-Nebula-1251-Lum.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Fantastic Peter!  I've had a quick go at this one myself in luminance (KAF8300), and am greatly interested in your image as it was also with an Epsilon 180ed!  I hope you continue to post more from the 180ed to give me a bench mark to work to

Lynds-Dark-Nebula-1251-Lum.jpg

That's a wonderful rendition, very deep indeed and clean!!. . The 8300 is a superb sensor. I will certainly be doing more with the Epsilon its a wonderful scope....I have a list of objects to get through.

6 minutes ago, peter shah said:

That's a wonderful rendition, very deep indeed and clean!!. . The 8300 is a superb sensor. I will certainly be doing more with the Epsilon its a wonderful scope....I have a list of objects to get through.

Thanks Peter.  I have since replaced the KAF-8300 with both mono and colour versions of the ZWO2600/QY268C but havent used them really much with the so looking forward to seeing what can be achieved (esp with the new 3.5nm Ha filter, designed for very fast scopes)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks Peter.  I have since replaced the KAF-8300 with both mono and colour versions of the ZWO2600/QY268C but havent used them really much with the so looking forward to seeing what can be achieved (esp with the new 3.5nm Ha filter, designed for very fast scopes)

7 hours ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

Beautiful image Peter.  I've just bought a 2600MC Pro but yet to use it due to pesky cloud, if I can produce an image even as quarter good as this I'll be dead chuffed!

The 2600 is just stunning....I love this chip......a good size sensor with zero amp glow and back illuminated....it ticks almost all of the boxes....Id like to see something with larger pixels.

• Like 1

Again, just spot on. I never have anything to say about your images, Peter, except that they look as if they came straight from the sky! Lovely stuff. Invisible processing.

One of these cameras just arrived here and I'm delighted to hear that theory and practice have agreed regarding the rejection of satellites through a large numbers of shorter subs. I suspect this is going to save AP from the Mad Musk.

Olly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Again, just spot on. I never have anything to say about your images, Peter, except that they look as if they came straight from the sky! Lovely stuff. Invisible processing.

One of these cameras just arrived here and I'm delighted to hear that theory and practice have agreed regarding the rejection of satellites through a large numbers of shorter subs. I suspect this is going to save AP from the Mad Musk.

Olly

Thank you Olly for the kind words. I think you should be pleased with that camera. The shorter exposures with Cmos went against what I been used to....I cant say it was a comfortable transition. The more I use Cmos the more I love it.

Edited by peter shah
  • Thanks 1

On 09/07/2021 at 18:28, peter shah said:

The 2600 is just stunning

I'm glad to hear it Peter.  I hope to do the sensor some justice, someday.  Do you mind me asking what gain you used for this image?  I have been down some rabbit holes in forums with some recommending 0 and others 100 gain, mostly on cloudy nights.  I'll be imaging at F5 and mainly going for DSOs in a Bortle 3/4 area.  I think (based on the majority of what I have read) that gain 100 is best for this camera.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

I'm glad to hear it Peter.  I hope to do the sensor some justice, someday.  Do you mind me asking what gain you used for this image?  I have been down some rabbit holes in forums with some recommending 0 and others 100 gain, mostly on cloudy nights.  I'll be imaging at F5 and mainly going for DSOs in a Bortle 3/4 area.  I think (based on the majority of what I have read) that gain 100 is best for this camera.

The gain I have set to 100. As I understand Gain and Offset setting, the gain needs to be as high as possible until the S/N curve reaches the point where it becomes shallow. The rule is the higher the gain the better the signal to noise ratio. The only issue with that is as you increase the Gain the well depth decreases....so you need to find a value that suits the sensor, optics and LP. The Offset is essentially the start value, this also effects the well depth.

• Thanks 1