Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Iris - NGC 7023

Adreneline

This is 20 x 60s + 20 x 120s + 15 x 180s from ASI294MC - StellaLyra 6" RC combination - unguided because I couldn't get the guiding to work.

Pre-processed in APP and post-processed in PI and Affinity.

Iris_Composite-L-DN-SCNR-HT_Df2.thumb.jpg.a1859436be87c405447624ff95d33a5d.jpg

As always C&C welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 20

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

It's beautiful!

Thank you - it was worth staying up for and given the problems I was having turned out better than I expected.

3 minutes ago, AbsolutelyN said:

Amazed you can even image this as this time of year, usually think of it as a autumn target but I can't image much to the north. 

Thanks Tristan. North from my backyard is pretty much totally dark, albeit restricted. It was a late night but it paid off in the end I think.

Adrian

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

A lovely Iris Adrian. Well worth it.

Thank you Adam.

I'm still getting to grips with the RC and the challenges of controlling the stars - I'm not convinced the collimation is 100%. The ASI294MC osc processing is also very different from NB. Lots to learn!

Adrian

19 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Excellent Adrian. That's come out really well. Lovely colour and clarity of the core. 

Thanks Lee. I’m really pleased with the 294; it’s a lot easier than the individual filter approach with my 1600.  We just need Mr ZWO to invent the OSNB camera 🤣  

Adrian

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

This is a fabulous rendition.

Thank you for your generous comment - the Iris is a favourite of mine too.

13 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

I can't tell from the image you had problems guiding.

This was my third target of the evening and at this stage I had given up on guiding completely. I tried M3 and that was just "rubbish" and then I tried the Whale and stopped guiding after a few frames. I ditched the inital frames and the rest were useable but not enough to do it justice. I've decided that provided I do a really good PA and balance really carefully the CEM25-EC copes pretty well without guiding. One less wire!

Thanks again.

Adrian