NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello!

2 Scoops

I've just joined SGL and I look forward to picking up loads of information. I've been interested in astronomy since I was a kid and as I'm not a kid any more, I fancied taking my interest that little bit further and doing some astrophotography. I appreciate it's a steep learning curve that can perhaps be flattened a bit by throwing money at it but I don't have that much to throw around so it'll all be done on the cheap I guess.

I live in South west Turkey and have reasonably dark skies without too much light pollution and some good dark sky areas are not too far away. I'd be dependent on using a friend's car though as I don't have one. What I do have is a boat (well 4, to be precise) and another hobby is making model boats. My biggest boat will allow me to get around the coast to some other dark sky areas, lug everything ashore and do some fishing while the intervalometer does its thing.

I'll probably do a lot of thread reading on here and maybe ask some silly questions to cover some of the things that Youtubers and others leave out of their 'tutorials' because everybody knows and understands that little bit of basic info, don't they.  😉  I also hate TLAs so I may well be looking to have some of those explained.  😜

So thanks for being here and I'll see you around.  👍

• Like 1

Hello 2 scoops and welcome 👍

4 hours ago, 2 Scoops said:

I'll probably do a lot of thread reading on here and maybe ask some silly questions to cover some of the things that Youtubers and others leave out of their 'tutorials' because everybody knows and understands that little bit of basic info, don't they.  😉  I also hate TLAs so I may well be looking to have some of those explained.  😜

No such thing as a silly question and I know exactly what you mean, ask away, there are some very knowledgeable people on here. 

Oh and I had to google TLA 🤣 hope the following link helps 

Enjoy

• Like 1

Welcome to SGL 👍 - Expensive gear is not necessary as there are always good used bargains to be had here on SGL and other places, and nothing beats nice dark skies - enjoy them 😃

• 1 month later...