Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flaming Star Mosaic

Allinthehead

Hi all, managed to add another panel to my Flaming star image from January. App really makes integrating mosaics seamless, great piece of software.

2 Panel Mosaic

5 hrs of Ha/Oiii with an Stc Narrowband filter. Mixture of 300 and 180 second subs at gain 100

5 hrs of rgb mix of gain 100 and 0 and mix of 150/180 second subs

I used SgPro for sequence, APP for integration and PI, APP and PS for processing.

Shot with an Asi2600mc through a Takahashi Epsilon 160ed mounted on an AzEq6.

Hope you like it.

Richard.

FlamemosaicFinal.thumb.jpg.7639ff71bdbffbe03dd4d807d956378c.jpg

• Like 36

1 hour ago, Nugs said:

That, Sir, is truly wonderful. 

Thank you Nugs.👍

1 hour ago, steppenwolf said:

Cracking image, Richard with beautifully coloured stars and great detail in the nebulosity. It's a lovely, full field of view.👍

Thanks Steve, much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Kinch said:

Fantastic - up to your usual standard 👍

Many thanks Brendan 

1 hour ago, Laurin Dave said:

Excellent Richard...  mosaics of this region seem quite  in vogue of late :) 

Dave

Thanks Dave, not quite the fov you managed with your great image.

52 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Just fantastic Richard.  As always, a visual treat viewing at full resolution, with even more to admire.

Thanks Lee, this is one I really enjoyed exploring while processing.

Outstanding image Richard and as I commented on your Astrobin post, the small star sizes are really impressive. I had not heard of that dual band filter before. I wonder how it compares to the slightly less expensive IDAS NBX (now NBZ) and the Optolong alternatives. What made you chose it?

Edited by gorann

Excellent Richard.  The highlight for me is that blue flame which is really tricky to pull out, it looks fantastic in this image.  Great star colour as well.  The tadpole neb looks a bit anaemic, I'm thinking this must be down to the OIII cyan balancing out the Ha red which I guess can be an issue with dual band filters.  The composition of the mosaic and overall framing is perfect!

17 hours ago, Paul1 said:

Very nice.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, mackiedlm said:

That is justcstunning Richard. Beautiful image.

Thanks. Glad you like it.

16 hours ago, Padraic M said:

Love it. The colours, the detail and the composition.

Thanks Padraic.

16 hours ago, mog3768 said:

Wow the right hand side looks like a dragon head at least to my imagination

Thanks, agreed reminds me of some sort of Japanese logo.:)

13 hours ago, AndysAstroPix said:

Gorgeous image, very well done on all levels! 👍

Thanks Andy.

2 hours ago, gorann said:

Outstanding image Richard and as I commented on your Astrobin post, the small star sizes are really impressive. I had not heard of that dual band filter before. I wonder how it compares to the slightly less expensive IDAS NBX (now NBZ) and the Optolong alternatives. What made you chose it?

Thanks again Gorann. I chose it as it was the only one of it's kind when I bought it. There're better alternatives now but they're quite expensive. I think the Stc is 12nm and I believe there're others with about 6nm which would be better suited to imaging when the moon is about. It's quite an efficient way to use a colour sensor however.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Lovely lovely image Richard!  Stars are stunning as usual! 

Thanks Adam. Worked hard on the stars.

2 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

That is one incredible image Richard, that's not something we see every day - Stunning 🙂 

Steve

Thanks Steve, hopefully next year I'll get a chance to add to it.

2 hours ago, MartinB said:

Excellent Richard.  The highlight for me is that blue flame which is really tricky to pull out, it looks fantastic in this image.  Great star colour as well.  The tadpole neb looks a bit anaemic, I'm thinking this must be down to the OIII cyan balancing out the Ha red which I guess can be an issue with dual band filters.  The composition of the mosaic and overall framing is perfect!

Thanks Martin, I think the Anemia could be down to the fact that the left hand panel had only 24*180 second subs with the duoband. I might try a version with boosted saturation in that area.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Thanks again Gorann. I chose it as it was the only one of it's kind when I bought it. There're better alternatives now but they're quite expensive. I think the Stc is 12nm and I believe there're others with about 6nm which would be better suited to imaging when the moon is about. It's quite an efficient way to use a colour sensor however.

Well, it clearly does the job!

• Like 1