Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Belated solar images from the 12th February 2021

Nigella Bryant

Hi all, sorry for the delay in posting. had problems with my laptop and Autostakker3 kept on crashing and kept on getting strange stacking issues after that. Here's the results. Lunt 60mm DS and Zwo Asi 178mm for HA and 80ed with Baader K-Line filter and Hershal Wedge for Baader-K-Line. Processed with Autostakker3, ImPPG and false colour added in PS CS2. 

20210212-1401UTellabryant-1.png

20210212-1401UTellabryant-1col.png

20210212-1442UTelabryant-baader-K-line-col.png

20210212-1442UTelabryant-baader-K-line.png

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Lovely  set, nice to know it's still up there :thumbsup:

Dave

Thanks Dave, yep, still there. Just missed a clear spell today, came in to late here by just an hour was cloudy till 2.30, then breaks then come 4pm clear, typical, my observing spot is only till 3.30pm because of a hedge, make's you cry, lol. 

Brilliant. I am totally new to Solar with a brand new white light home made filter. I have to ask does anyone else see a sly smirk in the image? Or is it a cheeky grin? 

On a serious note great images. I am frankly astonished that clear skies allowing I can do Astro in the day!!! For some reason it did not occur to me that I can star gaze in the day. ‘Our nearest star’.

Marvin

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

Brilliant. I am totally new to Solar with a brand new white light home made filter. I have to ask does anyone else see a sly smirk in the image? Or is it a cheeky grin? 

On a serious note great images. I am frankly astonished that clear skies allowing I can do Astro in the day!!! For some reason it did not occur to me that I can star gaze in the day. ‘Our nearest star’.

Marvin

Hi Marvin, I see that cheeky grin now you mention it, lol. Yeah, I love being able to observe and image a star up close and personal. The sun is so dynamic and change's daily.