Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Big and Bright

mikemarotta

(That's the title of a book about the McDonald Observatory because "The stars at night / Are big and bright / Deep in the heart of Texas." But, no, I have never been there. )

I came here to see how other discussion boards are run and how they operate. As an officer in my local club, I have some interest in the design and operation of our website. It is not my primary job. I just serve on the executive committee as the vice president. My job is to plan meetings. (See attached PDF schedule.). I was pleasantly surprised to see the wide geographic distribution of contributors. It's a global society and a finite universe.

On the Horizon Dec 2020 Jun 2021.pdf

• Like 1

On 05/12/2020 at 03:21, Mr Spock said:

Hi, welcome to SGL. I hope you gain an interest in astronomy while you are hereย :smile:

Thank you, sir. (I feel as though I should salute.) I do have an interest, so "gain" is not quite the verb, though "enhance", "improve", "extend", and "expand" would all work.

So far, it has been interesting and rewarding. I appreciate the work of the hosts and moderators.

ย 

• 2 weeks later...