Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EP24 - Sunday, 25th October 2020 7:30pm BST - A tour round Affinity Photo by Dave Eagle

Grant

It feels like only yesterday we last had him on but, It is a great pleasure to welcome back to SGL Dave Eagle of https://www.star-gazing.co.uk/ this time to give us a talk about Affinity Photo and how to do astrophotography image processing using the Affinity Photo software.

A lot of people have shown interest in this subject and Dave literally wrote the book on it so this should be a really interesting talk.

Dave is an amateur Astronomer, Planetarium Operator, Presenter, Author and Tutor, you may have read some of his books or come across one of his talks before.

Hope to see you there 🙂

Meeting details below:

Topic: EP24 - Sunday, 25th October 2020 7:30pm BST - A tour round Affinity Photo by Dave Eagle
Time: Oct 25, 2020 07:30 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/97464900210?pwd=eVh0QUc3TzBUcndQcmwxV0phS2N0QT09

Meeting ID: 974 6490 0210
Passcode: 322525

• Like 6

Another very good video, thank you again, and to the question about GIMP, I would say yes should be able to do the same, just a case of finding your way around where and what things are an what called.

I have some ideas picked up to help with a comet process sat on the todo list.

25 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Another very good video, thank you again, and to the question about GIMP, I would say yes should be able to do the same, just a case of finding your way around where and what things are an what called.

I have some ideas picked up to help with a comet process sat on the todo list.

I do a lot of curves manipulation with GIMP which looks very similar to what David demonstrated. Would like to learn more in other areas, layer manipulation does confuse me though. Just need to try and get my head round it I suppose.

On 27/10/2020 at 23:23, Alien 13 said:

I had a question that didn't get answered during the live event, does anyone know if Affinity works best when doing small iterative adjustments rather than single larger ones like PS does?

Alan

Yes it does. Very much the same as PS.
Those small levels adjustment that Steve Richards showed a few weeks ago is something I will be looking at trying on Affinity Photo when I get a bit of time.

• Thanks 1