Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trying to source scope handle

5 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

I personally like the altair ones.  The 180 is in stock.   

Thanks Robin, I did look on the Altair website, but the hole spacing on the ”180mm” handle is 129mm! There doesn’t seem to be one with the correct spacing. 

Edited by RobertI

THE source for handles. All types from plastic to aluminium or stainless steel etc. Some are reasonably priced and some are expensive. Lots of other useful bits for astro use.👍🏻

https://www.wdscomponents.com/en-gb/search-results?query=bridge+handles

Click on View Measurements for the drawings with dimensions.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/09/2020 at 13:45, JeremyS said:

Here's a John Inderby special from the supplier he cites above. Highly recommended. Never looked back since he suggested these handles:

IMG_0253_1.jpg.c039941bab203f8090ee2550a32898d9.jpg

..and you've never shut up about them either!! 😂😜🤪

Dave

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

Have used the same handle on quite a few scopes. BTW this handle can be shortened if needs be. Just remove one of the ends and shorten the tube to suit. 👍🏻

Hadn’t thought of that, thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 19/09/2020 at 14:30, johninderby said:

Have used the same handle on quite a few scopes. BTW this handle can be shortened if needs be. Just remove one of the ends and shorten the tube to suit. 👍🏻

Hello,

Looking for one of these handles but can’t find it in the link you posted above....any ideas....or other suppliers you know of..??

Thanks

On 19/09/2020 at 14:30, johninderby said:

Handle came today they you linked me too, and no good, as it’s NOT adjustable so just wasted £20.... ☹️☹️

9 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Handle came today they you linked me too, and no good, as it’s NOT adjustable so just wasted £20.... ☹️☹️

I beliee John meant you can get the end off, maybe it's a tight push fit or is there a grub screw keeping it in place. Then adjusted with a hack-saw to the right length.

• Like 1

Use a hammer to tap one end off and then cut down the tube and rubber cover. The end can be a tight fit so may need some persuasion to drive it off. The end is really tough so won’t be damaged by a bit of hammering. Be careful when trimming the rubber covering as it’s easy to cut it too short. As they say  measure twice and cut once. 🙂

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1