Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Canada

Dan-el

Hello everyone,

My name is Daniel and it's nice to join you all here. I've been doing visual astronomy on and off for about 12 years now and started out with a 6" dob which taught me lots about the sky and how to use my equipment. I dabbled with webcam imaging on it as well and started to appreciate the meaning of "patience" when it comes to keeping an image on a tiny CMOS with a manual mount.

I took a 6 year break from serious astronomy time because of school and work demands putting a premium on sleep. I downgraded to a C90 at that time for quick grab and go and it stays with me today.

I'm now getting back into the swing of things again. I now have a SW ED80 along with the C90 on an EQ modded AZ-GTI mount. I've always liked photography and have set myself up to do this properly this time. It's a steep learning curve but all that reading when I couldn't actually go out gave me a bit of a foundation to work with.

I've been active on CN as well and wanted to say hello to everyone here too. Hope to dive back in with a great group of people!

Clear skies,

Daniel

• Like 1