Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello Everyone

Aidi

Hello!

After spending some time reading about Astronomy in general, i have taken the plunge and just bought my first telescope. I have got a Meade LX90 LNT complete with the eye piece selection. With my limited knowledge i think i pretty much have everything necessary to give me a good start to this hobby.

I am in my late 30's and currently live in mid Dorset.

I had my "first light" last week. Spent most of the time learning the capabilities of the telescope and looking in a dazed wonder at the moon! I am hopeing the clouds might clear this week coming for some more viewing.

Looking forward to reading and learning from others expertise, and hopefully even metting some day.

Best Rgds

Aidi

Dorset UK

Greetings and welcome to a fantastic hobby and also to a fantastic forum.

There's a post on one of the other boards about a SGL Star Party (details to be confirmed) near Hereford.

If you've got any questions there are plenty people on here who will give some sound advice.

Bri

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone. I sense this is the place to be (unless skies are clear) in the UK to find out what is going on, getting help and eventually being able to offer some help as experience grows.

Hoping for some clear sky this week to go out and have a good session with the LX90.

Best Rgds

Aidi

A warm welcome to SGL Aidi.

You will soon feel at home here. A great bunch of people, and any help you might need, just ask away.

I also have the Meade LX90 lnt Sct. It is in a Roll Off Roof Observatory on a Pier and Super Wedge. I hope to start Imaging with it early this year, as soon as the foul weather desists.

Ron. :hello2:

Archived