1 minute ago, johninderby said:

Nice one. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

I foresee a bit of hammerite paint on the tripod top. 😁

Yes and not black to smarten it up a bit.Β 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, cotterless45 said:

Phew ! That's a relief,

Nick.

Not kidding I thought I was lumbered with it, its not exactly right as had to bolt it down on top as well as under the tripod in the future we think we are going to have drill and tap another hole as the north does not line up with the adaptor but we have got around that for the time being. I have got the mount over one leg so going try that.

Well that was a nightmare thought I would check the legs see if they extend.Β 

Well they didn't all white corrosive powder in them once I got them down that took over an hour.Β 

Sandpaper and wet and dry paper rubbed them down sprayed with white grease they are moving but not as free as I would like.Β 

I have my suspicions that the tubes have got the same corrosive powder I may have to take the legs apart at one point and see if there is anything I can do.Β 

When it rains it pours brilliant.Β 

PityΒ the swear filter won’t let you really express your opinion of the β€œperson” that sold it to you. 🀬

But you won’t let it beat you. πŸ‘πŸ»

FD09C99F-0167-4D85-9207-6D79EE69DBA0.gif

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, johninderby said:

PityΒ the swear filter won’t let you really express your opinion of the β€œperson” that sold it to you. 🀬

pBut you won’t let it beat you. πŸ‘πŸ»

Ohh yes and the label where it come from obviously has to have an address on in case cannot be delivered you would never guess in a million years where.Β 

A fire station so this character is a fireman unbelievable.Β 

Edited by wookie1965
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

A very kind SGL`er made me a proper centre bolt and I have tarted up the tripod and bits what do people think.

Centre bolt.JPG

Paint job 2.jpg

Paint job.jpg

I think it looks great. I'd be happy to have that set up stood in my garden for everyone to see. You've done really well to have created that from the parts you were (mis)sold.Β 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

I think it looks great. I'd be happy to have that set up stood in my garden for everyone to see. You've done really well to have created that from the parts you were (mis)sold.Β 

Thank you very much really appreciate that,Β  it has been a Labour of love with help from this marvelous forum.