Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The eagle has landed...........

Guest MoJo

.................well more like cold turkey in all reality :) just wanted to say Hi as a "born again" both to this forum and astronomy, from the wilds of inchture. :lol:

cheers

MoJo.

hi Mojo, Good to have you on the forum I have friends just a few miles north of you (Meigle) - they have lovely dark skies there.

Clear skies

Tom

Sadly we do not have the curtain of the Sidlaw Hills and have to put up with the orange glare of Dundee et al to the east of us and the eastern sky can be lost I'm afraid, still I have had a couple of good views (only 7X50 bins) andwas only JUST able to make out the shape of saturn and it's rings last night. Braw. In all reality all I'll be seing are slightly larger dots of lights BUT having worked out what should be where this is all I am looking for at present-that I can teach myself (and spark an interest in my daughters minds) to navigate around the heavens. Well for the present anyway.

Meigle, used to know a couple at a farm there many years ago.

cheers

MoJo.

Archived