NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Line of satalites 28/03/2020 at 21:00

Alan Eaton

I've seen on this site reports of a line of satellites or aeroplanes travelling from west to east in line in 2018 & 2019.

On 28/03/2020 at about 21:00 I witnessed a line of lights (seen looking south and above from Woking, UK) travelling west to east in line. These were evenly spaced and moving at a much slower speed than the video's that I have seen on the earlier reports and explanations on the old reports on this site. There was about a two minute gap between them. I only saw about ten lights in line but I could have missed many others before observing the incident. Towards the end of the string of lights there was another light off line but on the same directory running in parallel.

Did anybody ever find out exactly what these lights are? (Satellites or very high flying aeroplanes?)

I am a newly enlisted chap on this site. 

• Like 2

Hi Alan, welcome aboard. I suspect it could have been a batch of Starlink satellites, although two minutes between them seems too much. Yet they may have spread in True Anomaly along the orbit since I saw them last time. 

There are online trackers, where you insert location and date ti check for visibility. 

Edited by FaDG

Personally, I think, Its all about the money. Forget the astronomy. And when that huge asteroid hits, we can honestly say....We didn't see that coming lol.

Edited by Star101

Alan

You can download an APP for Starlink, and shows each launch, and get notification exactly same as ISS Detector APP on Android

Have not seen them yet, as every time they due to fly over, been clouded out

John

Hi,

I also saw this. There must have been about 10 all in a line. I wouldn't say 2 mins apart maybe 30secs - 1min but it was quite surreal. I have never seen anything like it before.

TTFN

Toby

Starlink is much more visible in the days after launch, when they are in their lower orbits and before their engines lift them higher and into the correct orbital plane. Once they spread out then they won't be as observable.