Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Shetland

richard ashbee

Hope to start some solar observation and imaging once i decide on the equipment. Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far. Its a very expensive hobby so need to get right equipment from start. I have done a lot of  DSLR astrophotography but never used a CCD so a big learning curve for me.  One big problem in Shetland is the wind so will need to tie down my scope, but I do have good views of the sun for most of the day- when it shows which will be less than down south. Aim is mainly to do imaging and use photos for teaching purposes. Does anyone know whether the quality be good enough to use on PowerPoint using a Lunt 60mm, double stacked with a ZWO AS1178 camera. 

More questions to come but I am reading everything relevant at present

Welcome. I’m visual only so can’t help with your queries but I hope you have every success. I like my Lunt 60 - although there’s been a dearth of excitement in the solar field recently.

Enjoy. 🙂