NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mugshots for International Astronomy Show 2019

Helen

OK, here you go: -

I was having a bad hair day! I'm on the right 🙄. Hopefully it will be presented better tomorrow 🙂

I shall be there on both days as I have booked in for a few talks, I was looking forward to hear Paddy Gilland, But I understand he's not well or his wife isn't.

JK.jpg.641846184c5ebbade9c8e1036c3546c2.jpg

• Like 1

Just wondering out loud, so tell me to mind my own business if I'm stepping in but....wouldn't it be better to put this thread in the other lounge where your images are a tad more private and not open to all and sundry?

Edited by Rob Sellent
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob Sellent said:

Just wondering out loud, so tell me to mind my own business if I'm stepping in but....wouldn't it be better to put this thread in the other lounge where your images are a tad more private and not open to all and sundry?

What kind of thing would people do with our mug shots? Just wondering what your concerns were? 

11 minutes ago, Lockie said:

What kind of thing would people do with our mug shots? Just wondering what your concerns were?

To be honest, there's no personal concern. Merely raising the notion of privacy, of the settings, so to say. Other than that, sites such as these do raise a few interesting points.

• Like 1

Damn, Blast, and Bother.

I may not be able to make it as I've stuffed up my back AGAIN :BangHead:. Not sure how, probably sitting too long at the computer bashing my head against a recalcitrant NAS, but when I tried to get up my back froze, sending pains down both legs, almost paralysing them. Got up eventually, but 3 1/2 - 4 hours each way in the car is looking problematic.

Damn, damn, damn. There are people I want to meet up with, not just SGL, but also Astrograph and OOUK.

Will try to unfreeze things tomorrow.

Damn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

39 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Damn, Blast, and Bother.

I may not be able to make it as I've stuffed up my back AGAIN :BangHead:. Not sure how, probably sitting too long at the computer bashing my head against a recalcitrant NAS, but when I tried to get up my back froze, sending pains down both legs, almost paralysing them. Got up eventually, but 3 1/2 - 4 hours each way in the car is looking problematic.

Damn, damn, damn. There are people I want to meet up with, not just SGL, but also Astrograph and OOUK.

Will try to unfreeze things tomorrow.

Damn.

Hope that you manage to un-sieze Dave, was looking forward to meeting you. 

• Like 1

I'm working on it, keeping my back moving and not giving it a chance to seize up. I'll keep an eye on things tomorrow, and it might be a matter of stopping more often on the motorway to unfreeze things. It feels like a trapped nerve very low in my back, just above the sacrum.

• Sad 1