NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Bath / Wiltshire

kjs

Hi I am from Wiltshire however I work in Bath, just getting into Astronomy... and about to purchase a skywatcher 200p dobson. Hope to attend a few meets (star party?) so if anyone knows of any in my area please let me know!

K

Humm that's an interesting question, why, I guess I have always looked up at the stars and wanted to see them in more detail. Space in general interests me I would like to know more about the universe I figure looking at it is a good place to start!

And it is not likely I am going to see them any closer in my lifetime unless the Vulcans stop by earth and give us a warp drive :D

Keith

Humm that's an interesting question, why, I guess I have always looked up at the stars and wanted to see them in more detail. Space in general interests me I would like to know more about the universe I figure looking at it is a good place to start!

And it is not likely I am going to see them any closer in my lifetime unless the Vulcans stop by earth and give us a warp drive :hello2:

Keith

Hi Keith,

That's probably as good a reason as the rest of us here :D

Once again welcome aboard.

Depending on where you are in Wiltshire...we are also here

www.wasnet.co.uk

Rather good events lined up for next year, and some of us will be at the Salisbury Star Party. Our Community link page will gve you some idea of the things we are doing. (The new obsy in Spain will be a killer!)

Welcome to SGL.

Lots of good advice here and at WASNET, where we have a broad mix of members from total beginners upwards

hello keith

a very warm welcome to sgl im pete and im from wiltshire too i live in swindon

to answer your question, the local group at the moment is wilts astronomy society

they meet at seend nr Devizes you can find their info in the local club part of the forum I say at the moment because im going to be starting a club here in swindon next year to coincide with the international year of Astronomy. As for starparties there are going to be dozens i would imagine next year what with the iya but the big one for us locals is probably going to be the sailsbury starbash and thats in Aug around the 19th if your interested in that one you will need to put your name down on the list which you can find under the local meetings header just click on salisbury and add your details you will be very welcome its being run by darren and bernie((supernova)) any questions dont hesitate to ask away

regards Pete

Archived