NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What are you saving for?

mark81

11 hours ago, Trikeflyer said:

Saving for some Nikon Monarch 7 8x42 bins to add to the observing arsenal.

Hate to say it but folks it’s not long til Xmas now so make sure Santa knows what you want!

Steve 

Haha! I ve already started to sneakily disseminate information to my loved ones... I just explained yesterday to my girlfriend how convient a RACI finder is!

• Haha 1

On 08/09/2019 at 09:14, Geoff Barnes said:

My list seems to be growing rapidly!

Astronomik 0III Filter, Baader Neodymium Filter, SW RACI 9x50 Finder, TV Delite 3mm or TV 3-6mm Zoom..... 😮

I need to edit my post, I have had a rush of blood to the head and ordered a Televue 3-6mm Zoom and an Astronomik 0III filter from FLO. Should arrive in a couple of weeks going by past purchases. :) 

• Like 1

A 16x70 APM Magnesium apo if I can sort out doubts about its real weight. APM's site says 2124g, Teleskop Service's page says 1926g, and my 16 years-old Fujinon weighs 2100g with strap and caps on, the real mass that hangs at my neck. A magnesium alloy bino should be less massive than the old Fuji because of density and the need to compete so 1926g should be the real figure, hopefully.

• Like 1

Paracorr to replace my MPCC MkIII on the 200PDS, since that's probably causing a few issues in my imaging (lopsided field and some astigmatism).

Then it's saving for the obsy, in theory. To add to the chaos, though, my PC's getting a bit tired, so that'll take precedence - this one's had a good run though, since 2012!

• Like 1

ASI1600, Filter Wheel & some gear to hopefully automate the dome. Also the remaining parts for my CNC router.

I should be saving for a house, car repairs, retirement, financial freedom and all that boring stuff - but FLO sell shiny things!

On the plus side my new PC is built so thats one big project / expense out the way for a few years.

• Like 1