Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Spiders (big ones) like astronomy

mark81

There is that old fact about never being more than three feet from a rat... Well, I'm guessing that this must work the same with spiders. Either that or they actually do like Observing.  Every time I go out and have a look about with the scope I always seem to bring in a huge spider.  I guess it could be the same one that is just hankering over taking a peep through the EP.

So far this week, 2 sessions , 3 spiders... 

If, like me, your not a fan, it does make observing session a little more nerve wracking....

Maybe they just like me...... Yes, I'll go with that...

• Like 3

You're right, I am convinced that the spider population is growing and have had a web spun across our back gate within 1  1/2 hours.

The other thing I have noticed is the lack of flies, wonder if the two are connected. ??

12 minutes ago, mark81 said:

There is that old fact about never being more than three feet from a rat... Well, I'm guessing that this must work the same with spiders. Either that or they actually do like Observing.  Every time I go out and have a look about with the scope I always seem to bring in a huge spider.  I guess it could be the same one that is just hankering over taking a peep through the EP.

So far this week, 2 sessions , 3 spiders... 

If, like me, your not a fan, it does make observing session a little more nerve wracking....

Maybe they just like me...... Yes, I'll go with that...

• Like 2

If we are not weird enough looking at night,when I go out to the obsy I runout waving my arms around my head until i get there as I have to go under clothes lines thar are covered with lines of cobwebs stretching to what seems like every part of the garden......scary we things,spiders.

• Haha 1

ahhh the IR for the CCTV here draws them because of the little bugs that swarm toward them. One of my outdoor cameras has 5 spiders competing for the IR light. Fine in the day but sure messes up the image at night with reflections off the webs and the huge glowing long-legged alien biengs that appear across the image from time to time

• Like 1

Just remembered my Shed Boris. I have a chest of drawers just inside the shed door. Every time I go to the shed, Shed Boris runs around looking shocked then hides under the chest of drawers until I leave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1