NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ED80 First Light - Pleiades

blinky

First light for me and my new ED80 (courtesy of Martin), this was 2nd on my list after M31 (Caught that @ Kielder). 15 X 5 min subs with the ED80/WO 0.8 FFII and an Orion LP Filter, the camera is an unmodded 350d. Guided with the WO ZS66/DSI/PHD. Think I am gonna like this setup!

Was going to do an all nighter, the camera was capturing M1 but the clouds have rolled in so gonna call it a night.

10580_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Nice image Craig, I've been trying to post my latest M45 for a couple of days but it appears I cannot reset the password on my UKAstronomers login, so in the meantime, here's the link.

http://mrmelville.co.uk/targets/M45.html

I've been trying to pull more nebulosity out without bloating the stars, but could not get exactly what I was after. Any tips?

Cheers

Iain

That is indeed the tricky bit! WHen using the curves in Photoshop try and make sure the top right of thr graph does not get puled up. I mean pull the bottom of the graph up but put a holder/place marker whatever it's called near the top to stop the highlights being pulled up.

Archived