NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 my 1st deep sky image

steve51450

this is my 1st real go at deep sky, half the images were taken through a street lamp and i could not get my guiding sorted On top of this the cloud rolled back an forth all night long, so i am really pleased for an unguided 1st image :hello2:

well anyway here goes, Ive been dreading putting my 1st deep sky post up. You see so many fantastic images on here

10437_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

350d modded with cls filter at F4.8 80mm scope

steve

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive been dreading putting my 1st deep sky post up. You see so many fantastic images on here

Well Steve, your image has just joined the ranks of fantastic images - you should be really pleased with this especially as you were obviously plagued with clouds like me last night! This is a very attractive image.

Edited for amusing typo!!

Hi Steve, only one thing to say,

FINALLY!!

And its a very nice pic too. It wasnt easy getting anything last night, with that thin fast rolling cloud. In fact, I should ring you to see what my weather will be in 15 mins!

Is that street light near you still painted black? :hello2:

Tim

hi Mark

thanks for that :p

it was a last minute thing to be honest so i forgot to balance my set up and that caused me massive problems guiding so i gave up guiding and just did short 30sec subs, 110 of them in total

plastic chicken is going to come over this week and show me how to balance a duo mounting setup in 3d as i have been struggling due to the weight differential on either side

It is a sharp learning curve but i am enjoying myself an awful lot :hello2:

steve

Archived