Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

10th ANNIVERSARY!

lukebl

Tomorrow, 11th May 2019, will be the tenth anniversary of my joining this magnificent forum!

In that time, I started off with a 200mm Newtonian, before acquiring and subsequently re-selling various CCDs, DSLRs, 12" SCTs, bigger Newtonians, TAL refractors and Klevzov-Cassegrains, and learning a huge amount in the process. I've scaled down now to just the 200mm Newtonian (the best budget all-rounder telescope IMHO), plus a 203mm f/8 Ritchey–Chrétien. If someone would just give me a 32" Dobsonian, then I'll feel that my collection is complete.

In these ten short years I've seen a huge advance in the technology available for us in this hobby to keep the interest kindled, and the bank balances low. I've seen and captured images of things I never dreamed possible when I started, such as quasars, the volcanoes of Mars, a total solar eclipse, hundreds of asteroids, thousands of galaxies and the moons of Neptune and Uranus.

Thanks to everyone here for helping to make it such an enjoyable and educational journey, and long may it continue!

Keep looking up.

Congratulations on your decade here Luke :thumbright:

"...I've seen and captured images of things I never dreamed possible when I started, such as quasars, the volcanoes of Mars, a total solar eclipse, hundreds of asteroids, thousands of galaxies and the moons of Neptune and Uranus...."

That sums up why we do this crazy hobby I think :grin:

Congratulations Luke, Ten years is a long time and it sounds like you have exploited it well...

Freddie.

Archived