Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

Hi, this is my first time using my new Esprit 100ED, my first time processing using Pixinsight, and it's my first image using a Mono + filters.

I loved them, can't wait to try on more targets.

here's the result:

spacer.png

Equipments:

SkyWatcher Esprit 100ED

SkyWatcher EQ6-R

SkyWatcher EvoGuide 50ED Guidescope

Imaging cam ZWO ASI1600MM Cool Pro

ZWO EFW

ZWO LRGB+NB 36mm filters

Guiding cam ZWO ASI290MM Mini

Seeing was avarage

Location was in a Green Zone

Exposures:

Ha 11x1800sec

L 39x300sec

R 13x300sec

G 15x300sec

B 15x300sec

Darks:

24x300sec

10x1800sec

Bias:

Thanks

• Like 6

Hi,  I know this is oldish thread but I am looking at buying a Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 ED PRO but was worried that I would need to upgrade to 2" filters. I say this because it states that when imaging this scope gives a 40mm diameter imaging circle when used with the flattener. So forgive my ignorance but does this mean I need bigger than 40mm filters. I too have only 36mm unmounted filters and filter wheel similar to you.

Nice image by the way that really makes me want to get one of these.

Steve

On 19/09/2019 at 18:40, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Hi,  I know this is oldish thread but I am looking at buying a Sky-Watcher Esprit 100 ED PRO but was worried that I would need to upgrade to 2" filters. I say this because it states that when imaging this scope gives a 40mm diameter imaging circle when used with the flattener. So forgive my ignorance but does this mean I need bigger than 40mm filters. I too have only 36mm unmounted filters and filter wheel similar to you.

Nice image by the way that really makes me want to get one of these.

Steve

Sorry it took me a long time to notice your reply, I think (and I'm not an expert) you only need to upgrade your filters when you have a large camera sensor.

the Esprit 100 ED allows you to reach 40mm (which is good) but you are not required to upgrade unless your camera sensor is huge.

• Thanks 1

No Problem @Amajed I did a bit more searching and came to the same conclusion so I am  now the proud owner of an Esprit 100 ED. Clouds not cleared yet for me to use it but I live in hope 🙂 

Steve

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mdstuart
      The August galaxy of the month (the 100th one actually) from the Webb Society is NGC 7042 in Pegasus.
      https://www.webbdeepsky.com/galaxies/2019/
      So I thought, better get that new 20 inch dob out and try it. The sky was a bit milky and there was a lot of high cloud around but that was not going to stop me!
      Well I found NGC 7042 fairly easily. You can tell its a spiral as it has that characteristic low surface brightness glow across its entire face. It sits next to a triangle of stars. I then worked hard to see if I could see NGC 7043. I could not see it last time I tried when I had a 14 inch scope. Well this time I got it just! Very faint even with averted vision but definitely there. I managed to see stars to mag 14.9 despite the poor skies.
      Here is my observation:

I also had a look at a few more galaxies on my target list, IC 1473 in Pegasus (within a triangle of stars) and IC1550 in Andromeda. That brings my total galaxies observed up to 1800.
      Here is IC1550 from Aladin. Perhaps not galaxy of the month but it was special to me as no 1800 and it looks lovely next to that field star. I read that it is about 275 million light years away behind the Perseus-Pisces supercluster wall of galaxies.

Another great night of observing with the new 20 inch scope. 
      Do give any of the above targets a go as they are well placed to the east at the moment (which is best for me over the Cotswolds!) and let me know how you get on.
      Thank you to Owen for the inspiration.
      Mark
    • By Firas1
      Hi guys, I'm new here. 
      So i have heard from this source: 
      http://www.thescinewsreporter.com/2019/06/in-august-andromeda-galaxy-will-move.html?m=1
      that the galaxy andromeda will be visible to the naked eye and look bigger than the moon. They said that it will happen in August, but didn't specify a day. 
      Does anyone know anything about this? Or about how i kann see it? 
      Thanks in advance and sorry if my grammar is bad 
    • By DMouse
      Hi, here is last nights shot at M101. This is a luminance run only and was to test to see if the central Halo was still there, and it is, grrrr. I have a sneaky suspicion it is coming from the edge of the secondary mirror. I have pretty much painted everything else matt black, so far. Anyway, Here is the Luminance run.
      Subs: 10x 300sec, 5x 420sec
      Processed in Pixinsight. BIAS, DARKS and FLATS applied.
      Cheers
      Paul

• By FranckiM06
      Hello everyone,
      So, I come back with a nice galaxy that we don't see often in the astronomy forums. This week-end, I was ready to do some shots on nebula and I installed already the reducer but when I was ready, It was too late to have a shots on my target so I decided to change and to do some shots on this galaxy that is interesting target concerning the polar ring. I was lasy to remove my reducer and to install again the flattener so I was afraid to get small target view but it is ok.
      Concerning the exposure time, I have done 15 x 600s + 18 x 300s in Luminance (without guiding) :   

I hope you will like it.
      Franck
    • By Star101
      Last of my collection of data from the weekend clear skies.
      C11 with focal reducer (1760mm), ASI183mm Pro. Astrodon filters. Mesu 200. Pixinsight.
      M108
      25 x 60s Lum
      8 x 60s RG&B
      Thanks for looking
      Dave

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.