Belated Hello

Quasimodo

Hello, I joined the lounge just over a week ago and I sort of missed the intro part and went straight to a section on observing. Sorry. So this is my formal Hi. I’ve already had lots of help from members since my posts in the observing section. Thank you all. 

I have a Celestron NexStar 6SE which I brought pre owned. It came with some extra goodies - a star sense and a power tank, extra eyepieces, some nice cases to keep things in and a bresser mount for a mobile phone. I have already brought a moon filter as I planned to do lots of observing of the moon. No observing managed at the mo but I’m plodding on with the members help. Thank you again. I’m looking to get a dew shield next then I can see where I want to go with all this once I can manage the basics!

I have always looked up to the stars since a child and had a telescope which I never really understood how to use. I can’t believe it has taken me so so many years to look into astronomy seriously. With my new enthusiasm I joined the astronomy society in my town in October 2018. I have learnt so much from just attending a few meetings and star parties. I’m excited with what astronomy can bring to my life.

The universe awaits. Kerry ?

javascript:void('Bold')javascript:void('Bold')

Hello Kerry. Welcome to SGL.

Don't worry about not entering via the 'welcome' section. Actually I think I never bothered with that and went straight to a question. People still speak to me!

You have a nice scope setup. If you need any help, you will find everyone on SGL will be more than willing to offer.

Enjoy SGL, and the sky.

David.

1 hour ago, Quasimodo said:

have learnt so much from just attending a few meetings and star parties.

IHi Kerry

I joined recently too.  I have learned so much from all the folks here on SGL. There are some really knowledgeable people on here and  all glad to help and share their knowledge.  It's fantastic. 

Ciaran

Archived