Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

February 15 2019 An evening as we would like to have many. 625 mm QHY 5III178M

CATLUC

Hello

There are observations that will never be forgotten the photos are there to remind them.

Friday, February 15 for the first time in months the weather forecast for astronomy
are optimistic. The day before I had to work with the 807 infrared filter to fight turbulence

but this time the IR 742 passes the turbulence is still there but at times there are details.
It improves slowly then at 20:15 quickly the images become much better.

I see the scree in Clavius D. Instantly I switch from the IR 742 to the red 610 to enjoy it.

Sometimes it happens after passing a plane for a few seconds.
It only lasted about twenty minutes the turbulence goes up as usual but I enjoyed it.

Here are some pictures made in the evening. These are pretty much my best on these targets.

I hope you like.

Luc CATHALA

Copernicus

Pitatus

Rutherfurd Clavius D

Blancanus

Clavius

Tycho

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Stunning! I’m sorry, I don’t understand, these were taken with a professional observatory telescope? which one?.

Hello

No it's the telescope that I made.

Clear skies.

Luc 

• 2 weeks later...

hello

The same evening I filmed small craters and reliefs that I did not have. Taken well before the sky calms down.

only a few films gave viewable images.

This is the first Mons La Hire in honor of Philippe de La Hire, a 17th century French mathematician and astronomer.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippe_of_The_Hire

This is the mountain to the right of the photo.

Clear skies.

Luc

TdzfxiCGCgzh_16536x16536_wmhqkGbg.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived