Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium

Dave Macy

I have successfully created a custom landscape using an android phone in panoramic mode then edited it in photo shop. I then created a landscape ini. It is a spherical. It all works well but I am unable to make my image line up with the cardinal points. I have tried to change the angle_rotatez any where from 0-365 but it makes no changes in my custom landscape. Any help would  be appreciated.

thanks Dave 

Everything works as it should The only problem I have is lining up the cardinal points My long and lat as well as time zone are all set. horizon seems ok Sun rise and set as well as moon all seem to be in the right location Just my landscape doesn't line up correctly. The cardinal points are in the right place just my landscape isn't

Here is my ini. Angle rotator doesn't seem to make any difference no matter what i set it to

[landscape]
name = My Yard
description =Macys yard area
type = spherical
maptex = yard.png

[location]
planet = Earth
latitude = +42d1'00"
longitude = +73d3'55"E
altitude = 0
angle_rotator=165

I have done exactly the same today.

Attached is my INI file - try substituting it for yours and see if it makes a difference.

If it does (and is should) then you can open it in Notepad and edit it accordingly.

Changing the value in ground_angle_rotatez= ***  definitely changes the orientation - I had to add a few degrees of offset to get it spot on.

Just download it copy it and paste it into the Landscape folder replacing your own - copy your own to a safe location first just in case!

Thanks Skipper Billy down loaded your ini. edited it and it worked perfectly!!!!  I don't know why mine wouldn't work but yours does! Thanks so much I have been so frustrated trying to make this work I can't thank you enough. I had to adjust it a few degrees but now have it dialed in.

Thanks Dave

• 2 weeks later...

After a successful install of my custom landscape and getting my cardinal points lined up I have noticed that objects (sun and moon) are above my landscape at a particular time of day when in actuality they are behind some of the trees in my landscape. I need to adjust the height of landscape to reflect this. Can anyone help? Here is my ini file

[landscape]
name = My Yard
type = spherical
maptex = yard.png

[location]
planet = Earth
latitude = +42d1'00"
longitude = +73d3'55"E
altitude = 0
angle_rotator=165

Thanks

Dave

I am far from expert on this but I 'think' you will have to go back to your original image.

You probably had a panorama with a band of blank canvas above and below the image.

If you 'cut' the image out and 'paste' it back in a little higher up the canvas then effectively you are moving the horizon upwards.

It might take a bit of trial and error to get it spot on.

Let us know how you get on!!!

9 hours ago, Dave Macy said:

After a successful install of my custom landscape and getting my cardinal points lined up I have noticed that objects (sun and moon) are above my landscape at a particular time of day when in actuality they are behind some of the trees in my landscape. I need to adjust the height of landscape to reflect this. Can anyone help? Here is my ini file

[landscape]
name = My Yard
type = spherical
maptex = yard.png

[location]
planet = Earth
latitude = +42d1'00"
longitude = +73d3'55"E
altitude = 0
angle_rotator=165

Thanks