SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Stellarium Custom Landscape Help!

Stargazer33

Hi, having recently bought a mobile (cell) phone tripod adaptor, I thought I would have a go at setting up my custom landscape view in Stellarium.

I have watched all the videos on YouTube and read all the threads on here and I think I've done everything correctly, but the custom landscape doesn't appear in the list.

I have tried this on my laptop (running Vista SP2) and my (very old) PC (running XP SP2). Neither of these work!

I have  included a screen shot of what I've done. I have obviously forgotten or missed something really basic, but for the life of me I can't see what.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you & a Ho, Ho, Ho! 

461669291_StellariumCustomLandscape.thumb.png.19625883ac56264f6201d38d16636ad7.png

Does that notepad file have the correct extension (.ini) ?

And have you put the lat and long in the .ini file correctly?  (+50d00'00"  and +00d00'00" 

Not sure if it has any bearing, but try removing the space from the file name so that it becomes (stargazershome.png in the ini file and in the png file.

Hi, yes the file name is the correct .ini file.

I've removed the minutes and seconds from the file for security reasons, but they are there in the proper file.

I've also done it with a single word name for the folder, file and .png. So afraid that isn't the answer either.

Thanks for your suggestions though. 😀

14 hours ago, Stargazer33 said:

Well changing the .ini file name to 'landscape' has now got it into the landscape list, but when I click on it Windows (Vista SP2) shuts the program down! 

Could you send me your landscape and log.txt from Stellarium? Or just for experiment: please try rename "stargazers home.png" into "stargazershome.png" and change maptex name to stargazershome.png too.

I had already changed my .png file to simply 'home', together with the corresponding maptex entry in the .ini file.

I have actually managed to get it working on my PC which is running Stellarium version 0.13.3 on Windows XP SP2.

My laptop (Vista Home Edition SP2) is running Stellarium version 0.19.2.

Both systems are running OpenGL version 3.3, with each version of Stellarium reporting that there should be no problems with the display.