Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Italy

tassonik

Hello to everyone. My name is Andrea and I live in Northern Italy (70km south-east from Milan).

I started observing and familiarizing with the sky this summer, prompted by the media frenzy about Super Moon and Super Mars (or whatever they were called). After a week or so I bought a pair of 10x50 binoculars and S&T Pocket Atlas.

Then a few weeks ago I bought a Skywatcher Heritage 130 and an old version of Turn Left At Orion.

I'm resisting the urge to buy more equipment: the proposition is to become better at star-hopping (next target is the Andromeda Galaxy which - believe it or not - I've not been able to spot with the RDF so far) before moving on.

My "observatory" is on the terrace (man, it's cold these evenings!) with a good and quite ample southern view. The north view is partially impeded by the roof; there's light pollution since I live in the city, albeit not a very large one. 

Cheers

Andrea

Archived