Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light ZWO 1600mmpro

Nicho

Hi there,

Well its been somtime ..infact just over 2years since i last posted a picture .

I sadly sold my Morvian 2 years passed and have been without a camera untill now .

I bought a ZWO 1600pro with filter wheel and 1.25 filters last week ( aplogise for the rain ) and this is the first outing with it on my Borg :)

To make matters more intresting i also used a new PC for imaging which i thought had all the correct an up to-date software . But it wasnt untill I got SGP up and going and ready to take a shot it imforms me im using an outdated PHD2 !!!! SO not dithering for this image section .

I started taking 2mins subs and then moved up to 5min subs in HA .I was unsure how much time i would get but some how dodged most of the clouds for 2.5 hours.

This Picture is 50 mins of 2mins and 1hour 40mins of 5 mins .

I took lots of different flats 18000 ,24000 and found 30000adu seems to work the best with Darks for this picture. (intrested to know others take on ADU for flats with the 1600)

My stars arnt quite round towards the edges and i put this down to my back focus being 58mm which i hope to sort over the next week .

I have stretched the image maybe a little too much for the data ,but over all im very happy with the first light of this camera and am very excited at the potential of this camera.

Thanks for looking

Nick

Calafornia first light.png

V nice, as for the flats I have been using a load of different settings but the best results I have found a setting of between 12000 and 15000 adu. Although I'm still experimenting as I have been having difficulty in getting a good image just lately.

Your shots are great,  well done.

I have the same camera and use APT which has a Flats Tool to help you get the right flats. It targets an ADU for within the 19000- 21000 range.

Above these levels would seem a bit high for mid grey I think.

Archived