Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Mars 2018 Collection

MarsG76

Hello Astronomers,

After processing the images which are (VERY possibly) the final captures of Mars this season, I put together a composite of my Mars captures from May until end of September.

All of those images were captured using my 8" SCT at f33, so the disc size comparisons are an accurate comparison against time.

As we're moving further away from Mars, the brightness, size and even phase are obviously smaller and less than only a month or two ago, so it's getting harder to capture any more fine detail.

It's perhaps time to say bubbai Mars, but I'll have some memories of this season since not only are my images a slight improvement over my past Mars images, also I'm very happy with the amazing views I had at high power through the eyepiece.

Bring on 2020 and clear skies... until than, I'll finish the cooling of my DSLR project and get back into DSO.

MG

Mars Season 2018.jpg

Thank you for the comments.... Unfortunately I didn't get a change to image either the Mars rotation or the Phobos/Deimos orbit time lapses... but overall I think this Mars season has left me with many great visual memories.

Ahhh, I've been waiting on this! Beautiful series of images, Mars. Even through the dust storm you were able to get some great detail. It's awesome that you were able to use the same kit to show the size changes over time. This is one for the books!

Bring on 2020!

:D

• 1 month later...

Archived