Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi-resolution Bubble Nebula HaOIIIRGB

Petergoodhew

I've been experimenting at trying to tease out the highest resolution I can from my APM TMB 6" Refractor. To do this I've adopted a few techniques:

1. Having rejected poor subs I then examined each sub under high magnification, selecting only the very sharpest for processing fine detail (in this case it was 11 out of 57 Ha subs, and 9 out of 30 OIII subs). All subs were used for the background and background nebulosity.

2. Applying 200 iterations of deconvolution to remove as much blurring as possible.

3. Applying selective sharpening using a combination of High Pass filtering, Smart Sharpening, and Unsharp Mask.

So here's the end result. 32 hours of total integration.  57x1200s Ha, 30x1200s OIII, 10x300s Red, 10x300s Green, 12x300s Blue.

NGC7635 crop.jpg

9 minutes ago, carastro said:

A really classy image, was this taken in London or Spain?

I suspect Spain.  

Carole

Yes Spain Carole - although most of the detail came from the narrowband so something similar should be possible from London.

Archived