NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

LZOS 175/1400 on ABS

4 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

Very nice scope for an imager, a visual observer could do better for the money.   ?

I was thinking that it was more of a visual instrument, a real planet killer.

4 hours ago, Lockie said:

That 4k saved would pay for a mount for it! ;)

@Lockie I think it would ride quite happily on my DDM60, as I've seen it throwing an APM 180 f/7 triplet around at Astrofest, though I may be looking at a DDM85 as my next primary imaging mount, still keeping the DDM60 for the secondary.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

@DaveS the TEC 160 is a lot more compact than the LZOS. I guess it depends whether you have a permanent place for it or not?

At the moment things are in a state of flux with the move to Dorset, but when I get there an obsy will be on my to-do list, just down from getting a new oil tank and boiler (ie, real stuff :grin:), but even so, I'll be taking my current pier as my secondary mount / imaging position,

@Stu I'm thinking the oiled fluorite design of the TEC160 might give it the edge in light transmission / contrast.

10 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I think it would ride quite happily on my DDM60, as I've seen it throwing an APM 180 f/7 triplet around at Astrofest, though I may be looking at a DDM85 as my next primary imaging mount, still keeping the DDM60 for the secondary.

That's quite some mount! Here's a vid of one throwing a huge Newt about:

Definitely sounds like you're already set for a huge apo :) 

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

He he, thanks

This is where they make 'em

Cool video :) Takes me back to my previous career as a CNC programmer! Really nice dual rig at the end, the automated primary 'flaps' are a nice touch. 

13 hours ago, DaveS said:

Argh! This is horribly tempting.

Had a TEC160FL on my shopping list. This is £4k cheaper.

This comment hit my radar ?

Straight onto astrograph’s Website and I note that the TEC160FL is now £12.7k down from £14k a year ago. And the pound dollar exchange rate is basically exactly what it was a year ago....hmmm?

PS on topic - very nice LZOS scope being discussed here and looks a great price ?

Damn, it's still there, and still tempting but I really need to conserve my funds until all the financial shenanigans have settled.

Darbyshire is a bit of a slog from here, and I'm not sure it will go in my car.

The real bargain was the TMB LZOS 115 f7 sold today on ABS for just £740.  Not one of the original silver CNC models but very nice.

I too bought a refractor from Mark and he was very nice and did an excellent job of packing it up.  He had a pretty nice collection which he is thinning down.

22 hours ago, pmlogg said:

The real bargain was the TMB LZOS 115 f7 sold today on ABS for just £740.  Not one of the original silver CNC models but very nice.

I noticed that one as well. Great bargain !

Archived