Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars Dust Storm Could Take Two Months to Subside

orion25

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Just keep everything crossed it improves for July 27th!.. even a 40/50% improve would make for nice visuals..ish!

Yep, it's really frustrating to have my setup pretty much dialled and then not to be able to pick out any real detail.

RE QUOTE:

That second image with the dark patch is close to what I seen last night / this morning in an ED80 at x50 ?

Wow really!. that image scale looks pretty good for an 80mm. And there I was worried about turning the ED70 on Mars and pushing a visual upto 150x

6 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'm guessing it was that level of (non) detail not the size!

Yes and yes - just past the meridian this morning there was a pronounced dark central area at x50 - at x100 it started to have that watery and blurry swimming pool effect . 

6 hours ago, Rob said:

RE QUOTE:

That second image with the dark patch is close to what I seen last night / this morning in an ED80 at x50 ?

Wow really!. that image scale looks pretty good for an 80mm. And there I was worried about turning the ED70 on Mars and pushing a visual upto 150x

The conditions last night meant that lower powered views were best ?

Archived