Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter & Europa 29-6-18

si@nite

The best seeing for Jupiter last night was early on while almost still light, some good trans coming through but quickly deteriorated as it gained alt!

I stayed around for Saturn but seeing was pants with cloud also a problem too, but have included my one & only rgb run!

images taken with the meade 305 - skyris 236 m at f15! Thanks for looking!

RGB-Jupiter-Europa 29-6-18.png

29-6-18 (2).png

Sat-30-6-18.png

Nice images. Well done! :) I was out imaging Mars as my main target last night, so never looked at Saturn or Jupiter as that would have required a move to my back garden to view them, and Mars was initially only visible from my front garden. Some nice details on Jupiter. Will probably try for Jupiter and Saturn tonight after the footie! ;) 

Really good images of Jupiter Simon, with excellent detail and superbly processed. Good to get Saturn as well, but it’s a real challenge this year down in all the horizon muck, where the clouds seem to take for ever to shift. Cheers, Geof

Thanks everyone for the kind comments much appreciated!

2 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Really good images of Jupiter Simon, with excellent detail and superbly processed. Good to get Saturn as well, but it’s a real challenge this year down in all the horizon muck, where the clouds seem to take for ever to shift. Cheers, Geof

Cheers Geof, just getting Saturn on the chip is a chore for me as tree dodging is a real issue, without the murky seeing lol, it may be the first & last attempt on the ringed planet this apparition!

That Jupiter image is a cracker Simon, Without doubt IMHO thats the best so far from the big meade.  (This apperition anyway) your saturn is showing geat promise also but I do know you are severely restricted from your site.

Cracking images, Simon! You got great detail and color on Jupiter (and a moon, too)! The Cassini Division is really prominent on Saturn. Great results, especially considering the conditions. ;)

Cheers,

Reggie

Archived