NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803

Mick J

Oh crap, my new lappy has just spent 4 days downloading 1709 and now it is going to try for 1803!!! Grrrrrr

I don't mind not using the lappy at the moment, (I got it for the back of the ML) but it gums up my other PCs Internet use.

Rich

It is a reasonable size update and seemingly all based on data collection, storage and permissions.  Be careful when you start after update as there are a ton of NO's you'll probably want to select instead of the default YES.

Hasn't broke anything, and all seems to be working fine with it installed.

22 minutes ago, andyo said:

Hi Ray I have just done this update astro gear ok and so is the Oculus

That's odd Andy.  Mine just started displaying a black screen no matter what I did.  Rolled back and it started working again.  I'll give it another go.  Everything else seemed to work fine.

1 hour ago, RayD said:

That's odd Andy.  Mine just started displaying a black screen no matter what I did.  Rolled back and it started working again.  I'll give it another go.  Everything else seemed to work fine.

Yes nothing on the oculus forum (yet) about this update causing issues apparantly a common cause for blackscreen is the riftdisplay. Inf driver being blocked or uninstalled

. However, there are other causes for black screens. The most popular one has to do with the RiftDisplay.inf driver being blocked or uninstalled somehow. I have instructions to reinstall it earlier in this thread. And there could be other reasons too. In any case, if you experience a black screen, please submit a bug report in the Help Center of the Oculus app. It's in the lower left corner, then click Provide Feedback. Thanks.

Archived