SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My mini observatory

Ken_nneth

Finishing up my mini observatory, I’m tired of carrying everything out just to have the skies cloud over. This is a light weight plywood shell that will be screwed to the deck where my pier comes through. It hinges completely over (180). I am building an internal box to house my pc and power supply and hoping to figure out a system for reducing all the cables.

Obs1.jpg

Obs2.jpg

Thanks all, this is going to be the new home of my astro imaging setup: 

Celestron Edge HD 8 with Feathertouch and Sesto Senso focusing motor, Celestron f7 Reducer, Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 GT, QHY Polemaster, ZWO OAG - Lodestar X2, ASI1600 mono cooled, ZWO 7 pos. 32mm filter wheel, Baader LRGB+-Ha filters.

So you see why a hate having to carry this back and forth. Heavy and dangerous on winter ice and snow.  

52 minutes ago, Ken_nneth said:

Thanks all, this is going to be the new home of my astro imaging setup: 

Celestron Edge HD 8 with Feathertouch and Sesto Senso focusing motor, Celestron f7 Reducer, Sky-Watcher AZ-EQ6 GT, QHY Polemaster, ZWO OAG - Lodestar X2, ASI1600 mono cooled, ZWO 7 pos. 32mm filter wheel, Baader LRGB+-Ha filters.

So you see why a hate having to carry this back and forth. Heavy and dangerous on winter ice and snow.  

A permanent setup makes all the difference and lets you spend more time on the fun side of things.

Olly

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, KemalOz said:

nice job. have you done any water or heat insulation?

Heat is no problem because my season is over before the temp gets to be a problem. By mid May the night sky is to light to do anything really worth the effort," Midnight sun ". But I am working at the water tightness issue, thinking about a thin layer of fiberglass. The top fits over the lower edge so no leaks there.

Archived