Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Power Hubs - Pegasus OR HitecAstro

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to barge in on this thread, but seems like a good place to ask.

Does anyone know if the Hitec Astro Mount Hub Pro Compact's 12v power outlets are always on, or can be configured to be always on?

I am thinking of getting one, and I would like to use a power USB hub I already have with it, but it would be a problem if i needed a USB connection to turn on the power to my SUB hub.

The goal is to have 1 USB to the PC and 1 power cable to my box, and nothing else.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, Just bought a Ultimate box from Fellside (Thank-you very much), this was because a couple of months ago I was chatting to Pegasus and they are about to release some new software in September that will allow you to chose a different profile on launch, so I can switch the box between my three setups, this is a very big plus, so that swung it for me.

I'm just wondering about the focuser as I use a Moonlite and Lakeside external box, but rarely use the boxes, preferring to control the focus within SGP, can anyone confirm if I follow the pinout guide on Pegasus's web site that I can then dispense with the external box? would I then not have a problem with the temp sensor or would it use the sensor from the ultimate box?

I've wired in my Lakeside focuser directly (no box) as per the pinout instructions provided and it worked straight away. The temperature values come from the Ultimate sensor so you should not have any issues. You will obviously no longer be able to use the original software and driver as everything will work via the Pegasus system and drivers.

Mike

The internal controller is pretty good.  The only thing to add to Mike's comment is make sure you use the right pinout legend.  Early units like mine use RJ12 and later ones use RJ45, so make sure you get the right plug.

Thanks Ray & Mike, cable made up and working beautifully on the RC, just need to make a bracket and custom cables and ready to roll, I bet I am going to like it so much that I want to buy two more for the other outfits!!!

8 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Thanks Ray & Mike, cable made up and working beautifully on the RC, just need to make a bracket and custom cables and ready to roll, I bet I am going to like it so much that I want to buy two more for the other outfits!!!

Trust me you will ... i am ;) 

Why oh why do I listen to you lot, no disties had any more in stock for another 15 days, so a quick chat with Pagasus last night and two more boxes arriving on Wednesday, blimey my bank account is nearly empty now, better get some invoicing done and fill it up again ?

3 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

Why oh why do I listen to you lot, no disties had any more in stock for another 15 days, so a quick chat with Pagasus last night and two more boxes arriving on Wednesday, blimey my bank account is nearly empty now, better get some invoicing done and fill it up again ?

hahahaha you know it only makes sense ;) 

I cannot believe how efficient Pegasus are, I chatted to Evans and Andreos on Sunday night around 21:00 and as no one had stock they agreed to supply direct and ship for only 28€ DHL, paid for it via PayPal and it arrived this morning, 2 days from Greece, fantastic service, very pleased, just now need to set up and configure.

8 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

where i was unable to set the max focuser point

Funny you should mention that, I'm currently taking advantage of the clear night and using the Pegasus for the first time with my new OAG, so big learning curve, but all working fine, however, I can see where you set the zero for the focusing but where do you set the max?

6 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Funny you should mention that, I'm currently taking advantage of the clear night and using the Pegasus for the first time with my new OAG, so big learning curve, but all working fine, however, I can see where you set the zero for the focusing but where do you set the max?

Sorry about the late reply. Just woke up ?

Under the "Focus" tab you'll see "Position Limit"

upb_soft3.jpg.482cd6c9370d709909ff1894492ec3ee.jpg

You will have to "Right mouse click" (Yeah go figure) in to it and then start to type in the value. 

Hope this helps mate

• 7 months later...
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:46, LightBucket said:

Just remember what I said about the flimsy plastic 12v sockets on them, compared to the all metal snug fit ones on the Pegasus..... :)

I am having trouble with my 12volt input.

Archived