Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Power Hubs - Pegasus OR HitecAstro

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Just remember what I said about the flimsy plastic 12v sockets on them, compared to the all metal snug fit ones on the Pegasus..... :)

Trust me, not forgetting about it :D Cheers buddy

1 minute ago, RayD said:

Just weighed my MHP and it is 4440g.

Wait what? how much? :confused2: 

Just now, souls33k3r said:

Phew! almost gave me a heart attack there mate :D That's not too bad then. Only 60g heavier than Pegasus. I really was expecting it to be a lot more

Difference being it is plastic and PHU is aluminium.  It isn't heavy, just larger, but you do get 12 power outlets (8 controllable) and 4 dew heater outputs.

3 minutes ago, RayD said:

Difference being it is plastic and PHU is aluminium.  It isn't heavy, just larger, but you do get 12 power outlets (8 controllable) and 4 dew heater outputs.

Noted. That's quite handy to know. Cheers mate.

Larger does mean more space and space is what i'm limited to right now.

@RayD sorry to trouble you mate, but is it possible to get the dimensions of the MHP? i can't seem to find it anywhere. Cheers mate

17 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

You're making a believer out of me here SyedT ... Would you happen to know how much MHP weigh? all i can get is 0.90kg for bothe MHP and MHPC

I think it might all boil down to either me saving £300 or not saving £300 but then like my mum says ... i'm a gadha (Syed will know what i'm talking about lol) 

Not sure about the weight, but Ray's figure seems about right to me. It's bulky but isn't that heavy considering how big it is.

Haha, are you sure we're not related somehow? That's exactly what mine says...

Just now, SyedT said:

Not sure about the weight, but that figure seems about right to me. It's bulky but isn't that heavy considering how big it is.

Haha, are you sure we're not related somehow? That's exactly what mine says...

I'm from Islamabad so but then again i guess it's a trait of being from Pakistan lol

2 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Noted. That's quite handy to know. Cheers mate.

Larger does mean more space and space is what i'm limited to right now.

Yep, it isn't tiny that's for sure.  If it is 0.44Kg, which it is as I've just weighed it, and the PHU is 0.9Kg as you note above, then it's quite a bit lighter, not 60g heavier.

Just now, RayD said:

Yep, it isn't tiny that's for sure.  If it is 0.44Kg, which it is as I've just weighed it, and the PHU is 0.9Kg as you note above, then it's quite a bit lighter, not 60g heavier.

Sorry you got me wrong. When i was trying to find the weight of MHP, it said 0.90Kg and said the same thing for MHPC as well.

The PHU is 380g which makes the MHP at 440g, 60g heavier. But who cares it's virtually the same weight and not 4.4kgs lol

1 minute ago, souls33k3r said:

Sorry you got me wrong. When i was trying to find the weight of MHP, it said 0.90Kg and said the same thing for MHPC as well.

The PHU is 380g which makes the MHP at 440g, 60g heavier. But who cares it's virtually the same weight and not 4.4kgs lol

Ah I see, ok.  No definitely not 4.4Kg lol

I also have the MHP Compact and I'm very pleased with it. It's mounted on a dovetail ontop of my Esprit tube rings. The unit measures 12.5cm (l), 10.5cm (w), 3.5cm (h). It has replaced my dew heater controller, lakeside controller and a 12v hub. Plus I can use short cables so it makes things tidier. Although I don't have a permanent setup I can leave the unit on the scope with most cables connected. So it does save quite a bit of time when setting up.

Andy.

3 minutes ago, Andyb90 said:

I also have the MHP Compact and I'm very pleased with it. It's mounted on a dovetail ontop of my Esprit tube rings. The unit measures 12.5cm (l), 10.5cm (w), 3.5cm (h). It has replaced my dew heater controller, lakeside controller and a 12v hub. Plus I can use short cables so it makes things tidier. Although I don't have a permanent setup I can leave the unit on the scope with most cables connected. So it does save quite a bit of time when setting up.

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Yes i was following your thread on the MHP Compact. So i take it that everything was sorted out with your kit? The price point of MHP Compact is just brilliant, i mean it's not cheap but it's within my price range. Not sure how outdated the UI is of the MHP Compact. There really isn't enough screenshot information related to this product.

1 minute ago, LightBucket said:

The MHP I think is approx 220mm x 100mm I think, the Pegasus is 130 x 100 x 35mm and weight 6.7kg.....lol only joking with the weight... ??

lol don't you start. Was about to have a heart attack here ... i have a heart of an old man in a very young man's body. ;) 

Thank you for the dimensions matey. Muchas gracias

Just now, souls33k3r said:

Hi Andy,

Yes i was following your thread on the MHP Compact. So i take it that everything was sorted out with your kit? The price point of MHP Compact is just brilliant, i mean it's not cheap but it's within my price range. Not sure how outdated the UI is of the MHP Compact. There really isn't enough screenshot information related to this product.

lol don't you start. Was about to have a heart attack here ... i have a heart of an old man in a very young man's body. ;) 

Thank you for the dimensions matey. Muchas gracias

Actually not that it really matters it’s not 35mm it’s 30 high, just checked... :)

38 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

I'm from Islamabad so but then again i guess it's a trait of being from Pakistan lol

It's ultimately going to come down to your personal preference. I had 3 criteria: Reasonable price + fits on my dovetail + has enough ports for everything to ensure that I only have one USB cable coming from the mount, and no other leads. The MHP won out purely on price point and it has worked very well so far. :)

Let's throw this one into the mix: https://www.modernastronomy.com/shop/accessories/mount-accessories/hitecastro-mount-hub-pro-ultimate/:D 

Pegasus for every time.  I’ve got two UPB’s and a focus motor.   They just work!  

One thing you get from Pegasus that is beyond what most offer is almost instant support.

The few times I’ve been after some advice about their product or software, I’ve had a reply within the hour and continued support until resolved.... mostly down to me being a numpty and pointed in the right direction!

Its a no brainier from my side

1 hour ago, souls33k3r said:

Yes got everything sorted with it. The UI does look a bit dated, but I've found the software to be very reliable. This screenshot shows the mount hub pro software. The compact version is the same except for the number of power and heater controls.

hitecastro-mount-hub-pro-usb-control-screen.jpg.d47e38d75fd19a814fa257dc1d07c213.jpg

Andy.

Archived