NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Power Hubs - Pegasus OR HitecAstro

Thank you all for your input. I really do appreciate everyone chipping in.

I have made a decision on Pegasus one. Yes it's a bit expensive but the overall look and feel and what it can do plus the support is the real winner.

Now, anyone's got a cunning plan on how i can sneak this one in the house without my wife knowing? lol

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Now, anyone's got a cunning plan on how i can sneak this one in the house without my wife knowing? lol

Oooooh now that is what you call a challenge.  Rather you than me mate :icon_biggrin:

21 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

lol i asked for advice, i already know i'll be in deep trouble so come on everyone this lad needs help :D

You can say you are doing a review for a friend... :wink:  I'm eager to hear about it!

Helen

Well Victoria tells me that she, along with many women, has an undisclosed spot in a cupboard or wardrobe where clothes and bags which they have bought get put, which they can then say "oh that expensive dress, bag, shoes.....I've had that for ages, I forgot I had it".  Well, the challenge for you Sir, should you wish to accept it, is to find this space and put your hub there :icon_biggrin:

If you have an honest and open Wife, then you need to be devious, so I love Helen's idea, and just wished I had asked the same question months ago!

Great advice from you both @RayD & @Helen.

I'll tell say this to my wife "You know Helen yeah, from SGL ... really nice and kind lady and a moderator ... yeah she changed my profile pic to a banana one but that's alright, it was all fun and games ... yeah ... her ... she wants me to review this hub ... which really isn't that expensive .. only £500" :D

3 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

Thank you all for your input. I really do appreciate everyone chipping in.

I have made a decision on Pegasus one. Yes it's a bit expensive but the overall look and feel and what it can do plus the support is the real winner.

Tell her it’s a snow shovel..... :)

6 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Tell her it’s a snow shovel..... :)

lol yeah £500 worth but without it being covered in 24k gold 

Here's an idea, I think i will buy a nice handbag. Put the hub inside the bag, give her the bag and tell her this is yours because i'm just simply very caring. Then when she's all blushed and happy and excited, i'll open the zip and say "Oh sorry, this is mine. Bag is all yours" :D 

19 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Who was that guy? I can't see his comment

Our Code of Conduct doesn't enable businesses to use SGL for marketing and promotion (they know this) so we removed their posts. 

Their claim saying we removed positive comments about their products is nonsense! We removed only their marketing and promotion. Nothing else. 

9 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Pegasus ULTIMATE PowerBox USB Control Hub ... ordered!

Nice one, this is how mine sits now...

guide scope is missing, that sits on left dovetail...it balances nicely, and then if I want to use my SCT I just swap with frac on right  and add weight to bottom of dovetail on left side, simples... :)

B6969B8C-EBBC-4E7E-8F76-20FBACBBA5D7.jpeg

1 minute ago, LightBucket said:

Nice one, this is how mine sits now...

B6969B8C-EBBC-4E7E-8F76-20FBACBBA5D7.jpeg

Less clutter on the ground but more on the scope ... great! lol 

loving your setup. But why side by side? sure you couldn't easily mounted your pegasus and RPI3 on the top of the scope dovetail?

1 minute ago, LightBucket said:

Yes true, but this way I can swap easily between frac and 8” SCT...the left side never changes as its the same for each scope...much simpler.. :)

ahhhh clever ... gotchya ... i want to do the same but without the side by side mounting. I'll use the ever so reliable #Velcro lol

1 minute ago, souls33k3r said:

ahhhh clever ... gotchya ... i want to do the same but without the side by side mounting. I'll use the ever so reliable #Velcro lol

The hub and rpi3 are both stuck to the dovetail with Velcro on my set up too.... :)

15 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

The hub and rpi3 are both stuck to the dovetail with Velcro on my set up too.... :)

I'm just jealous lol i'm sure you have a permanent setup or at least leave it all in place outside because if you're setting up from the beginning, you've just replaced one time consuming part with another :D 

Well, the other reason for a dual bar is that the whole lot can be lifted off and stored away....and the mount left out with cover on.. :) but it would also work without the dual bar I guess, but then wouldn’t have the easy scope swap option...

28 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Well, the other reason for a dual bar is that the whole lot can be lifted off and stored away....and the mount left out with cover on.. :) but it would also work without the dual bar I guess, but then wouldn’t have the easy scope swap option...

That's very clever. I'm hoping to do the same with my current setups. Hopefully this pegasus will resolve much of the issues that i have ... well i don't really have issues, it's just the cables aspect of it and can leave it all on and store it away. Less time fiddling setting up the kit really

Archived