Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_the_milky_way.thumb.jpg.dbd8b15e81d11e9303c8d6ef1898ac08.jpg

cotterless45

Rosliston Star Party March 2018

Looks like a nice place. Hope you all get some nice clear skies, and don’t get too drunk either! ;) 

I'm in pod 2 kerry looking forward to it had a cracking weekend in October 2 clear nights crossed fingers for this time. 

I was looking forward to this meeting after the last one, alas I will be in the USA until the 17th 😀 I am sure you will have a grand time .... enjoy those lovely fish & chips 😀

• Like 1

On 12/02/2018 at 19:17, wookie1965 said:

I'm in pod 2 kerry looking forward to it had a cracking weekend in October 2 clear nights crossed fingers for this time. 

I am in pod 3 next to you see you all there clear skies 

Neil

• Like 1

Hmmm. Maybe time to join the Pond Dwellers?

I think that Nick & I are the only people in tents.

It looks like we should have a good selection of scopes!! We might even squeeze in some solar (and a couple of pints).

Paul

Definitely a couple of pints🍻🥃

**&£# predictive text! I meant POD dwellers. Not POND dwellers.

Sorry for any offence caused.

Paul

No problem Paul if we have too many drinks we might end up in the pond🦆

With my bad back I could not erect my tent even being a air one that's the only reason I booked a pod. Having injections in my spine in the next 4 weeks hoping this gives me more movement. 

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

With my bad back I could not erect my tent even being a air one that's the only reason I booked a pod. Having injections in my spine in the next 4 weeks hoping this gives me more movement. 

Hope it goes OK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

Make sure that you shout for help to move scopes etc.

I should think that lack of hassle and warmth come pretty high on the pro Pod list!

Paul

• Like 1

Only two weeks to go! Spring will surely have arrived by then - won't it? :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

I do hope so get all this moisture out the way and have a weekend of dry clear skies to enjoy the sites. 

In October it was the best weekend I have ever had now having the mount sorted I will be able to view a lot more objects instead of faffing about aligning every 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

Hope it gets a bit warmer 😁

• Like 2

Not long to this event. Hopefully a lot darker than the last one :thumbright:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mapstar said:

So you booked then Damian 🔭

7 hours ago, mapstar said:

You can see the double cluster by eye and the milky way over head, although the forecast is not looking good.

Long range forecasts are never reliable Paul so don't put much stock in them.

Not booked but I'm sure the good weather will arrive and I'm hoping it's going to settle as its the Galloway SP the week after.

Not done any astronomy since November so will be well rusty by then. May get some in April. 

I would be more worried if it was showing wall to wall sunshine and crystal clear nights........

Barring hurricanes, I’ll be there, gazing skywards cursing the British weather (possibly from the comfort of the nearest pub).

Paul

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

Long range forecasts are never reliable Paul so don't put much stock in them.

Not booked but I'm sure the good weather will arrive and I'm hoping it's going to settle as its the Galloway SP the week after.

Not done any astronomy since November so will be well rusty by then. May get some in April. 

I do hope so Damian last October was fantastic two clear nights. I had a bit of trouble with the set up had to keep centering it found out the bubble on the mount was way out and the dovetail on the Tal was not square , throwing everything out sorted that now I am getting everything in FOV nearly always in the centre so cannot grumble. 

I would have liked to gone to this.

However, I will be lost in France by then but wish you all a great weekend. I'm sure it will be much darker than last March's Star Party ;)

Good luck and wishing you great clear skies :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

Gonna be cooooold! Packing me thermals 

• Like 2