Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosliston Star Party March 2018

Only me and paul73 left all the rest have bailed out cold wind snow flurries but not settling will see what tonight brings haven’t seen nick since last  evening 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to have bailed out but I am getting soft in my old age. I think I said goodbye to everyone except Damian who was still in the land of zzzz.

Enjoy the pod  Paul.

It was good to chat with everyone yesterday and we did at least see a couple of planets. 

I don’t blame you Kerry. Wookie & Mrs Wookie departed in a blizzard a few mins ago, heading north.....

And then there were two.

Still hopeful of some solar later. Or, at least, a pint or two watching the rugby in the pub down the road.

Paul

I confirm that the weather in inclement...

24BCDCE0-8727-49C0-9001-BCE05BB68374.thumb.jpeg.dedaa2955f990a462178065441bd534f.jpeg

It is the wind that is really killing. We are on the sheltered side. I’m watching the caravan opposite with great interest. Think that it might be about to take off!

Home and dry back in South Yorks.

1 hour ago, kerrylewis said:

Sorry to have bailed out but I am getting soft in my old age. I think I said goodbye to everyone except Damian who was still in the land of zzzz.

Enjoy the pod  Paul.

It was good to chat with everyone yesterday and we did at least see a couple of planets. 

I was well away and slept quite well but sorry I missed you setting off home Kerry.

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

It is the wind that is really killing. We are on the sheltered side. I’m watching the caravan opposite with great interest. Think that it might be about to take off!

The wind was what put paid to it for me as I think it would've been more like flying the dob than using it in those gusts.

Never got the scope out of the car which was a pity as I would've liked to have tested out the new baffle.

Snowing here again but not too bad as only a shower and no settled snow to talk of.

Good to see people getting out and trying at least and great to see some familiar faces :thumbright:

It was great to meet you all, all be it briefly Paul, Neil, Kerry, Damian and Nick.

Home safe and sound after a bit of a hairy drive wind on bridges was throwing us all over the road and fog would you believe.

Hopefully next time get a couple of clear nights.

Paul

4 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Turned quite wintry since my return home. Just a dusting but more set to arrive 

That's making me feel cold just looking at the picture!  I think the wind must have made it seem worse also.  Real shame :sad:

3 hours ago, RayD said:

My monitor must need calibrating or replacing as I'm sure those pictures above have been taken in March 2018, yet on my screen I can see blue!!!

Still no snow settling yet but still cloudy and windy  car packed ready for setting off first light tomorrow 

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 18:16, mapstar said:

Good job Calvin didn't come it's 50p for the showers :eek:

thanks for the heads up Damo......another campsite off my list

in Elan the showers are free....:clouds2:

At least everyone is home safe and well.....I managed to get the last flight home from Chicago today before they closed the airport.. also due to snow ...... it’s blowing a blizzard in Northants at the moment so no stargazing tonight ?

29 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Let me know how it is in morning Neil take a picture if you can if it's bad. 

Will do

just being outside to toilet and I think I saw some stars in the breaks in the clouds

4 minutes ago, Pig said:

At least everyone is home safe and well.....I managed to get the last flight home from Chicago today before they closed the airport.. also due to snow ...... it’s blowing a blizzard in Northants at the moment so no stargazing tonight ?

Still two of us here 

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

My view at present 

15213115010292022098857.thumb.jpg.b8bd81dbdcdf158d1d0834b9baa543c2.jpg

Turned quite wintry since my return home. Just a dusting but more set to arrive 

These pictures are blue. For snow you need to make exposure compensation of 1.5 stops and use a filter to compensate or add UV filter.

41 minutes ago, 25585 said:

These pictures are blue. For snow you need to make exposure compensation of 1.5 stops and use a filter to compensate or add UV filter.

Catches the temperature hue quite well even the camera felt cold :laugh2:

Archived