Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosliston Star Party March 2018

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

No sure why i’m hitting ‘like’. Got to get the tent packed in a bit. Hopefully no digging involved!!

Paul

Is that the flowery one Paul? ;) 

Good luck to all of you packing down. Did anyone sleep in a tent last night? Brave!

56 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

260EF54F-D280-46DF-8EF6-E6992562A3D2.thumb.jpeg.f1f12e9938df915aa67454111aa7c00a.jpeg

And, to top it all, my coffee was cold!!!!

Yet another big Thank You to Kerry for donating his nice warm pod.????

Might have a bit of trouble moving your dob mount in Az too Paul ;) 

I Bulgaria March is called the womens month, because it is so unpredictable, only a man could have come up with that. We had -24 on the 1st March and +16 or so two days later, we have had sun and rain, then more sun up to 26 degrees and now it's raining again with cold to come. I don't think this is what you would expect in southern England at this time of year and I feel very sorry for all those that made the effort, it is enough to put anyone off the hobby

6 minutes ago, alan potts said:

We had -24 on the 1st March and +16 or so two days later, we have had sun and rain, then more sun up to 26 degrees and now it's raining again with cold to come.

this is what puts me off snowboarding there Alan!

1 hour ago, estwing said:

this is what puts me off snowboarding there Alan!

I know they can make it with machines and resort have them but I believe up to mid to late January there had been very little in the way of natural snow, then it fell for days in Feb and melted, odd year all round.

1 hour ago, gtis said:

The cold I can put up with , it’s the travelling back home tomorrow 

It was the same here today Neil but it's melting quickly. My road has more or less cleared having been 2" deep in snow this morning. 

You will get home without any problems today or tomorrow 

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

It was the same here today Neil but it's melting quickly. My road has more or less cleared having been 2" deep in snow this morning. 

You will get home without any problems today or tomorrow 

Damian after looking at various weather apps I decided to set of at 2-15pm got home at 4-15pm just in case it got too cold

39 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I was just thinking about him thought he would have posted fingers crossed everything is alright.

I had a like from him an hour ago so hopefully all is well

4 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Haven’t heard anything of Nick though.

Paul

He is fine sent pictures of snow all around his house. May be planning meet in May in the Peak District not sure of dates yet, new moon is on the 14th but that is a Monday. 

29 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

He is fine sent pictures of snow all around his house. May be planning meet in May in the Peak District not sure of dates yet, new moon is on the 14th but that is a Monday. 

Archived