Click through for full res

SguzCQnsM01j_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

oUOC8XSso0SI_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

View over the obs roof may give a clue to the limb darkening

D1aT0r5kkGxr_16536x16536_wmhqkGbg.jpg

seeing was quite good today

Untitled.thumb.jpg.71df1107e6be475ef5091672f59296f3.jpg

2 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

Great image, well done, especially in this winter drought of solar images.

I know what you need for Christmas... readily available at all good gardening stores!

He had those things cropped down about 2 years ago and they have decided to show who is boss they have sprung up about 3' a year since the trim.

Lovely images!

Forgive my ignorance of all things relating to the noble art of imaging :) Is that a graph of 'instantaneous seeing' (the main dark red one)?  When you mention using the best 151/1000 frames, is this data synced with your captures, and is it used to automatically select the best frames for stacking??

If so, very cool!!!

2 hours ago, niallk said:

Lovely images!

Forgive my ignorance of all things relating to the noble art of imaging :) Is that a graph of 'instantaneous seeing' (the main dark red one)?  When you mention using the best 151/1000 frames, is this data synced with your captures, and is it used to automatically select the best frames for stacking??

If so, very cool!!!

Yes the software can be linked but in this case it was not.

It will satrt a run when the seeing is below a set level and stops if it goes above ( I think)

Today I just ran about 10 ser files of 1000 frames AS3 sorted the best 151 of ecah run  and stacked them and I picked the best one :grin:

19 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

Yes the software can be linked but in this case it was not.

It will satrt a run when the seeing is below a set level and stops if it goes above ( I think)

Today I just ran about 10 ser files of 1000 frames AS3 sorted the best 151 of ecah run  and stacked them and I picked the best one :grin:

Thanks for explaining - very cool setup! :thumbsup:

Archived